Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Random line pops up during video playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not near my xbmc right now so i can't provide a screenshot but i'll attempt to describe a problem i've been having to the best of my abilities...

Randomly, during video playback, usually when the screen/video is "panning" either up or down, there is a random line that makes it look like the screen is "jittering" on that line...like the whole screen doesn't jitter, just where the line is...and it seems to happen randomly although more often during scenes where there is a lighter image (or at least, it's easier to see that problem during those scenes)

I've just recently installed xbmc and it seems to happen on every video...I've tried changing the shading settings (auto, advanced, software, etc) checking "change tv refresh rate to match video" and both types of hardware decoding...
is there a magical set of settings where i don't see that line or what could be causing it?
all videos do it and they do not do it on my local computer...

when i play roms or even during the regular screens of xbmc, i do not see any problem..it only occurs during video playback

let me know if this is common or if it's just a setting problem...thanks

edit: i have xbmcbuntu running on my htpc
This is called tearing, turing on vsync should fix that.
thanks..i'll check it out when i get home from work and i'll post back for anyone having similar problems to let you know if it worked or not

edit: just want to confirm, that did the trick...left everything back to default for video playback and changed the vertical blank sync in system settings and everything is smooth now...thanks!