Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [FRODO release] Skin Widgets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
(2013-08-11, 16:47)kreeturez Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-22, 15:59)esk1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-29, 01:18)esk1 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a question for using these widgets with mysql db. I did a search and saw someone talking about a refresh timer on like page 36 but it didn't really explain what i wanted to know. I have multiple boxes that sit on the main page most of the time. I use them probaly once a day except for my main box which gets a lot of use. How do I get the other boxes to periodically update so that I don't have to go to another menu, or start a show and come back to get the skin widgets to refresh? Something like every 30 min or every hour would be fine, I just want them to refresh periodically.

Theres gotta be more people using this widget with multiple XBMC boxes than me....

+1; would also like to see this. I wonder if the implementation thereof would/could be at the skin (not widgets) level, though? Just a refresh timer, like LibraryAutoUpdate or the like?

This thread seems to have a lot more activity since I posted this awhile back. The only good way I have been able to force a refresh is to play and immediately stop the first item on my widgets. It's still faster than driving down into my library when I switch boxes but isn't Ideal. Luckily a lot of time we are watching different shows in different rooms so it isn't a problem but it would be really nice if idle boxes could keep the widget up to date periodically. Is this something I should be requesting my favorite skin to do and not the widgets themselves?
Martijn, do you feel like adding the missing infolabels to the wiki page? That way it would be 100% correct right away.
(2013-09-03, 23:20)esk1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-11, 16:47)kreeturez Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-22, 15:59)esk1 Wrote: [ -> ]Theres gotta be more people using this widget with multiple XBMC boxes than me....

+1; would also like to see this. I wonder if the implementation thereof would/could be at the skin (not widgets) level, though? Just a refresh timer, like LibraryAutoUpdate or the like?

This thread seems to have a lot more activity since I posted this awhile back. The only good way I have been able to force a refresh is to play and immediately stop the first item on my widgets. It's still faster than driving down into my library when I switch boxes but isn't Ideal. Luckily a lot of time we are watching different shows in different rooms so it isn't a problem but it would be really nice if idle boxes could keep the widget up to date periodically. Is this something I should be requesting my favorite skin to do and not the widgets themselves?

I would like to see support my MySQl too. How about it refreshes when the screen wakes up from dim, slideshow whatever people are using.
mysql is not gonna happen.
use the setting "refresh on homescreen" instead.
As in navigate around and come back to the homescreen every time a different box is used?
(2013-09-05, 13:30)T800 Wrote: [ -> ]As in navigate around and come back to the homescreen every time a different box is used?
seems only for recent items.
could be extended for all i guess
Would adding refresh on screen wakeup be too awkward to do?
Stupid suggestions, ignore me.
Hello

Some times I am now getting a Script Failed Service.Skin.Widgets error on XBMC startup. This never happened previously on this HTPC which has been running for over 6 months. Not sure if this Skin Widgets add-on has been updated lately? I am on version 0.0.27

When the script fails the Random / Recently Added / In Progress items no longer appear on the top menu, I am using Aeon MQ4 skin.

Only thing I have done recently is enable a PVR add-on and Live TV not sure if this might be related?

I am running XBMC V12.2 stable on Linux Ubuntu 12.10 minimal OS.

Please see a debug log here

Many thanks
hmm ok. shouldn't happen. thx
(2013-09-05, 14:16)T800 Wrote: [ -> ]Would adding refresh on screen wakeup be too awkward to do?

This would be awesome.
Refresh on screen-wakeup/screensaver-close would potentially be the answer to our issues Smile
Hello

I've just tried rolling back the skin widgets add-on to 0.0.25 and then 0.0.24 but with both these versions, I am still seeing this script failed error at startup. I am unsure why this issue has recently started occurring when its not been a problem previously.

Many thanks for any help!
Similar problem here.
I backed up XBMC, unistalled and installed a different version.
I restored XBMC settings and everything went fine except for 1channel, Icefilms and Skin Widgets.
I got script error.
Searching through google, I found instructions on how to make them work again and I had success for 1channel and Ice but no luck with Skin Widgets. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't work either.
I am using aeon nox 4.0.9.
As I suspect, this addon is not compatible with version 13 of XBMC. I had 12.1 build and went to 14.07.2013 libstage for HW decoding.

Mart, can you confirm this? Or is there something else that I am missing?
android doesn't work. not my problem

fyi, do not talk about piracy here or i will delete your posts.
(2013-09-11, 13:39)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]android doesn't work. not my problem
Errr, ok then: where should we seek a solution? Is it something thats changed in Gotham? Should we open a ticket? Or should we query with someone else?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49