Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin freezing GUI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the release of Aeon Nox 3.6 we got multiple reports of GUI freezing when opening dialogs. I cannot reproduce the problem to a point its consistent. So I (we) have no idea how to tackle this problem. The problem seems to restrict to linux and openelec. There are multiple logfiles available in the Aeon Nox subforum. The reason I open this thread is that we dont know how to fix this and hope for input how to tackle this. Its supposed to be easily reproducable by installing Aeon Nox from repo and then try to refresh a tvshow although i cannot reproduce that.
99% i could fix strange behaviours like these by deleting guisettings.xml and start from scratch.

Worth a try ?

I've also noticed this problem on my main box. Though I'm running Win7 with the latest nightly. After I made a fresh install of Aeon Nox from the repo (The 4.0 dev version though) it seems to be working much better and I havn't had these problem's as often as before.

I will make a note of what and when I get the error in the future though.
I've also had it freeze in Win7 with nightlies, so it's not limited to linux and openelec. It's also still present in 4.0
@sialivi, orecus. please don´t post here but in the corresponding threads in nox subforum. this here should stay for devs / skinners. we´ll post all relevant stuff here once we feel that we have useful info.
Did any one of them try to set their audio device again yet?
This solved some of my skin lockups, i had them almost on every window at one point.
And the log said something like trying to set audio device and failing on every window load.
This was not solved by deleting guisettings, only by setting the audio device again in settings (or the combination).

Don't have the log anymore and i can't seem to reproduce it.
Might not be related but i thought it worth a mention.

-edit- Managed to reproduce.
Code:
12:01:48 T:2596   DEBUG: CSoftAE::Run - Sink restart flagged
12:01:48 T:2596    INFO: CSoftAE::InternalOpenSink - sink incompatible, re-starting
12:01:48 T:2596   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: IsFormatSupported failed (AUDCLNT_E_UNSUPPORTED_FORMAT) - trying to find a compatible format
12:01:48 T:2596    INFO: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: WASAPI Exclusive Mode Sink Initialized using: AE_FMT_S16NE, 44100, 2
12:01:48 T:2596   DEBUG: CSoftAE::InternalOpenSink - WASAPI Initialized:
12:01:48 T:2596   DEBUG:   Output Device : SPDIF - Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)
12:01:48 T:2596   DEBUG:   Sample Rate   : 44100
12:01:48 T:2596   DEBUG:   Sample Format : AE_FMT_S16NE
12:01:48 T:2596   DEBUG:   Channel Count : 2
12:01:48 T:2596   DEBUG:   Channel Layout: FL,FR
12:01:48 T:2596   DEBUG:   Frames        : 2208
12:01:48 T:2596   DEBUG:   Frame Samples : 4416
12:01:48 T:2596   DEBUG:   Frame Size    : 4
12:01:48 T:2596   DEBUG: CSoftAE::InternalOpenSink - Using speaker layout: 2.0
12:01:48 T:2596   DEBUG: CSoftAE::InternalOpenSink - Internal Buffer Size: 17664
Hi.
After upgrade to Aeon Nox 3.6.x the GUI has started freezing when I try opening the context menu by pressing C on the keyboard.
It allways freezes when I do this in file mode and select a folder an press C.
I have tried renaming guisettings.xml, this does not help.
The problem is exactly the same on 3.6.0 and 3.6.1.
If I rollback to Aeon Nox 3.5.0 the problem is gone! I now can use the context menus.
I use XBMC 11.0 Eden on xbmcbuntu.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info.