Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Context Menu problem...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having a small problem with context menu. I've change the position of where the context menu shows up in different windows.
I have the default position for Favourites, FileManager, MusicplaylistEditor and LockSettings windows and i want to change the position to top left and the align to left for the rest of the skin.
The problem is that the menus in both cases they don't show up the first time. If i try to show the menu again it shows up fine.
This happens to ContextMenus in both positions. Is that some kind of bug or changing positions of some ContextMenus in some windows it's not doable ?

Cheers
Nessus
Are you saying that when the origin conditions aren't met it doesn't fallback to the coordinates?
No. Reading my message again i understand that i was not clear enough on the description of the problem.
The different positioning of the menu in different windows is working fine. The problem is that when i call the menu it doesn't show up the first time. For example... let's say i want to call the menu in Favorites window.... hitting "c" the menu shows up, hitting "esc" closes the menu and "esc" closes the Favorites window.
Now, if i go in to Movies and hit the "c" to call the context menu there, the menu is not showing up the first time. I have to esc and hit "c" again for a second time and the menu to shows up and after that it shows fine every time i hit "c" in Movies, TV Shows etc. If i go back to the eg Favourites window (or FileManager or MusicplaylistEditor or LockSettings) and call the context menu from there, the same thing happens again only for the first time. After the first time it shows up fine.

I hope now i am more clear about what is the problem and here is the code that i use....

Context Menu Window
Context Menu Includes (in includes.xml)

It is based on Black's code in Xperience 1080 skin which has the same problem with latest nightlies.

Cheers
Nessus

Check the git version of my skin, context menu in the repo version is broken.
I already did. The problem still exist with latest nightlies.

By the way, if you use the old home screen of the skin (not metro) the buttons are not showing at all in favorites windows.
I have no problem with the context menu, everything is working fine.
Are you running a latest nightly ?. I am running XBMCSetup-20121010-8756dfb-master on Win7 but also on a WinXP test machine the problem is the same.
I deleted all the user data files except db files and still have the same behavior either with Xperience 1080 git version or with my skin. Debug log isn't show anything but i can post it if is needed.

Any other thoughts on how to track this ?.

Cheers
Nessus

EDIT: Maybe is something related to this... ?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/f499...c8b99bddcc
Ok, I see what you mean... I have no idea why that is happening but I'll fix it.
I could swear i had a similar problem when switching from dharma to eden. There must be something wrong or in conflict with the db. There was a problem bringing up context menu and video info screen.
try to delete (backup first) all multiple db entries and keep only the latest video.db and see what happens.
Thanks butchabay but unfortunately the problem is still there.
The problem doesn't exist in Eden, so it could have something to do with the new xml caching, context menu is set to keep in memory. But that's only guessing. Smile
I'll look into it
Thanks pieh
could this problem also prevent the visualisation from sizing properly if used in musicoverlay.xml? the vis keeps beeing fullscreen instead of taking the <posx>, <posy>, <width> and <height> defined for it.
so actually it is overlaying everything except the things in musicoverlay.xml
seems to be a problem of the vortex visualisation addon, because the other visualisations are sizing correctly.
Pages: 1 2