Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MUSIC]How to display year of album/track?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

Lately I've started to rip my CD collection into FLAC files and use XBMC as a music player as well. I have been using the FLAC ripper already built-in.

Checking the tags of each track with a third-party program, I see the YEAR tag has properly been provided with a value.
However, after the album/tracks have been scanned into the music library, no year is displayed.

The menu Music -> Libray -> Year is also displaying an empty list.

I'm currently using the Windows version of Frodo nightly.

Please advise.

/Cactus
I just examined the database using SQLiteSpy. It seems the Column iYear doesn't contain any data ( = zero ) in all tables in my music database.

Which tag in the FLAC file is supposed to contain the year information? Either the wrong tag is used when ripping songs or the tag is ignored when scanning objects into the database.

This is caused by a tag reader bug that was fixed today, so just wait til tomorrows nightly build.
If you're using a Frodo alpha (alpha 6) then there was a bug there that I fixed today. EDIT: Jinx!
(2012-10-13, 07:21)sialivi Wrote: [ -> ]This is caused by a tag reader bug that was fixed today, so just wait til tomorrows nightly build.

Ok, Thanks! / Tackar!