Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-05-21, 21:04)Negativecreep0 Wrote: [ -> ]any thought to adding filters for missing metadata like trailers, posters,fanart..... that way we can pinpoint what movies are missing what without scrolling through whole list. THanks for the great job

yes, there are some thoughts to add some more filters when the main work of tv shows has been done. I've put it to our todo list

(2013-05-22, 09:04)boulogne75 Wrote: [ -> ]Very promising. Can hardly wait for the next release Smile
Would it be possible, when getting media info, to load all audio and subs streams (like MediaElch). Right now, IIRC, it just get the first ones.

Thanks.

we could concatenate all subtitle languages together into one column (eg "en, de, sk"), but adding more audio tracks to the table would be no easy task or even impossible... I will discuss it with Myron, how we could implement that

(2013-05-22, 22:11)Negativecreep0 Wrote: [ -> ]When you choose to rename selected movie everything is changed except the subtitles

Myron did a great job on the new renamer. This issue will be fixed with the next release

@gibxxi: We will do the last implementations for the new release and add the renamer later (because the tv show renamer will be more complex than the movie renamer and therefore it will consume much time to implement it). Thanks for your feedback.
(2013-05-23, 08:11)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-22, 09:04)boulogne75 Wrote: [ -> ]Very promising. Can hardly wait for the next release Smile
Would it be possible, when getting media info, to load all audio and subs streams (like MediaElch). Right now, IIRC, it just get the first ones.

Thanks.

we could concatenate all subtitle languages together into one column (eg "en, de, sk"), but adding more audio tracks to the table would be no easy task or even impossible... I will discuss it with Myron, how we could implement that

I just take a very quick look to the code in SVN. One possible implementation (the obvious and easy one Tongue ) would be to create VideoStream.java, AudioStream.java, SubStream.java and refactor MediaFile.java deleting properties related to the streams and adding:
Code:
private ArrayList<VideoStream> vStreams = new ArrayList<VideoStream>();
private ArrayList<AudioStream> aStreams = new ArrayList<AudioStream>();
private ArrayList<SubStream> sStreams = new ArrayList<SubStream>();
For the swing part, may be creating 3 tables (1 for each type of stream)? Don't know if it is possible or if it would affect performance.

Thanks again for the interest.
thanks for the suggestion

the problem won't be the datamodel (MediaFile) - I am unsure how to present it in the UI.
As you see - there is a table containing the MediaFiles (which can be anything in the new version; we inlcude the video files, trailers, artwork there) and per line (one MediaFile - eg a video file) there could be n audio steams and m subtitle streams..

but I suppose multiple audio streams and subtitle streams are only interesting for the "main" video files (for movies at least), or am I wrong?
For example:

The movie contains 2 video files (movie-cd1.mkv and movie-cd2.mkv), 1 subtitle, 1 index(chapter), 1 trailer and 3 artwork files.
The video files contain 2 audio streams (en, de) and 1 subtitle stream - so we have a sum of 2 audio streams and 2 subtitle streams.

May i add these informations to the movie itself (like the logos for video resolution, video codec and audio codec?) - is that what you mentioned?

I hope you see, why it is not so easy to implement Wink
Looked a bit further in the code and I see the problem. Didn't realize MediaFile was used for all the types. BTW, what is the point of showing trailer, fanart, banner, poster... in the mediainfo table?
The idea was, that ALL assets (files) of a movie are a MediaFile.
This eases the handling in the scanner, renamer and other fuctions...

Why we display them? Ohm.. good question.
Because we can? Big Grin

The problem is not the coding.
The problem is solely how to present that many information to the end user.
A table line is quite limited for multiple in-container assets...

Any designers around?!
Ideas welcome Smile
(2013-05-23, 17:45)myron Wrote: [ -> ]Why we display them? Ohm.. good question.
Because we can? Big Grin
Fair enough Wink But doesn't make any sense to me. I think mediainfo should be related to movie's streams info (video, audio, subs).

(2013-05-23, 17:45)myron Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is not the coding.
The problem is solely how to present that many information to the end user.
A table line is quite limited for multiple in-container assets...

Any designers around?!
Ideas welcome Smile
You can add 3 columns: stream, type and lang
Suppose you have: avengers.mkv, avengers.dts, avengers.es.srt, folder.jpg, fanart.jpg and trailer.mkv
The result table:

Code:
stream   type         filename         size   runtime  resolution  vcodec  vbitrate  acodec  abitrate  achannels  lang

stream1  videoStream  avengers.mkv     6GB    1h33m    1920*1080   x264    12MB
stream1  audioStream  avengers.mkv     500MB  1h33m                                  dts     1500kbps  6          en
stream1  audioStream  avengers.dts     500MB  1h33m                                  dts     1500kbps  5          fr
stream1  subStream    avengers.mkv                                                                                en
stream1  subStream    avengers.es.srt                                                                             es
         fanart       fanart.jpg       220KB           1920*1080   jpeg
         poster       poster.jpg       80KB            1000*1500   jpeg
         trailer      trailer.mkv      50MB   0h02m    1280*720    x264    4MB       aac     128kbps   2          en

May be something like that...
(2013-05-23, 08:11)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]@gibxxi: We will do the last implementations for the new release and add the renamer later (because the tv show renamer will be more complex than the movie renamer and therefore it will consume much time to implement it). Thanks for your feedback.

Roger That. Look forward to testing the TV branch of the app.

Smile
@boulonge75: myron sent me an idea how to implement that. I will inform you, when its done, so you can try it from svn Wink
(2013-05-26, 14:50)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]@boulonge75: myron sent me an idea how to implement that. I will inform you, when its done, so you can try it from svn Wink

Great Big Grin Thanks again.
@boulogne75: I did some work yesterday and today on this feature request. Before I commit my work (there is more to do), I will post a preview to get sure, I am on the right track:

I will also clean the (now called) Media files tab. What do you think about it?
Sorry for the delay.

Not sure what you mean by "clean". If it is to have 2 different tabs, I really like the idea.
1/ "Media Information": listing subs, audio, video streams mediainfo.
2/ "Media Files": listing all MediaFile with generic info. I would put artwork, trailer, etc... in this tab.

Did I understand correctly?

Thanks.
yes, you got me right:

tab 1 containing media information as in the screenshot above
tab 2 containing all files, associated with this movie (or later tv show/tv episode). With clean I mean that I have to change the contents of the tab/table it in some way to present it in a better way
Cool, looks like a very good idea.
May I insist in getting the artwork part in tab2? :P It has nothing to do with any mediainfo of something that you can actually play.

Thanks again. You 2 are doing great job!
you are right - artwork does not fit in there Smile

I think I could finish the work on that today afternoon - i will inform you when there is a new version in svn/nightly build

thanks for feedback
Ok. I will try to test this weekend if it is ready.