Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive tried alot of managers and I always come back to this one. Works great, lots of features and easy to use. One thing that would be nice is if you could just click the poster/fanart/banner to change it when in the main movie/tv show listing. Even right click and choose edit would be helpful. I know I just have to go over to the title and right click, but its a pain when Im doing lots of titles at a time.

One thing Ive never been able to figure out, once I edit all the info and pictures in TinyMediaManager what is the easiest/quickest way to update it on XMBC? Ive tried clicking refresh and it does a title search and then after a couple min it updates the poster but never the fanart. Same if I update the library this takes alot longer and still the same result.
Thanks for the update Manuel! Fixed my issue!!
I have a strange issue.. I did a rename based on $T ($Y) [$I]

For some odd reason, it has renamed them all using the Rotten Tomatoes ID, not the IMDB one.. (The NFO files were created using ViMediaManager)

Is there any way to fix this? (I can remove the incorrect ID's but why is it reading the Rotten Tomatoes one?)

Example of NFO :-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<movie>
<id moviedb="IMDb">tt0478087</id>
<id moviedb="TMDB">8065</id>
<id moviedb="RottenTomatoes">770676801</id>
<title>21</title>
<sorttitle>21</sorttitle>
<originaltitle>21</originaltitle>
<year>2008</year>
<releasedate>2008-04-11</releasedate>
<dvddate>2008-07-22</dvddate>
<rating>6.7</rating>
<votes>133530</votes>
mhmm... that doesn't look like a XBMC nfo.
At least, according to the wiki, there's only one <id> allowed, and thats for IMDB.
So, yes, TMM (read: the used xml parser) reads the ID (since it is valid tag), but i assume only the last one Sad

Which tool/mediaplayer did generate this NFO?
And which tool reads this information?
ViMediaManager.

I realised that the nfo file was different - so I wiped all the metadata and decided to start again with TMM..

Sigh....
i'm sorry to hear :|
If you still have the NFOs or the old tmm.odb DB we could find a solution for your ID problem...
Never mind - it's only 650 movies :-p

I've started scraping again, and will see how long it takes!

Thanks for the help :-)
Do you have the imdbID set on foldernames?
I'm asking this, because this would be the new movie name if you start from scratch.
It just came into my mind, that we are currently not removing the ID for a clean movie title.. and that we could do that Tongue
(2013-07-28, 11:15)nipnup Wrote: [ -> ]I would envision it to simply run sequentially, i.e. some sort of batch command that would first run the data source update, then go on to run metadata update when the data source is updated (both of which obviously already fully exist). So I guess it'rs really just very few lines of code to be added.

It's not as simple as you think Smile The data update task does its work and after that I've to start the scrape task, BUT after the data update task I do not know exactly which new movies (tv shows/episodes) this task discovered.. So I need to implement some sort of response from the update task which tells me what new elements have been found... I am sure there is a way to do that Smile

(2013-07-29, 00:09)ThaDraGun Wrote: [ -> ]Ive tried alot of managers and I always come back to this one. Works great, lots of features and easy to use. One thing that would be nice is if you could just click the poster/fanart/banner to change it when in the main movie/tv show listing. Even right click and choose edit would be helpful. I know I just have to go over to the title and right click, but its a pain when Im doing lots of titles at a time.

One thing Ive never been able to figure out, once I edit all the info and pictures in TinyMediaManager what is the easiest/quickest way to update it on XMBC? Ive tried clicking refresh and it does a title search and then after a couple min it updates the poster but never the fanart. Same if I update the library this takes alot longer and still the same result.
changing poster/fanart/banner directly from the UI (without going to the editor screen) was already a feature request as far as I remember. Unfortunately with version 2 we do not have an internal structure where I could implement that easily..
With version 3 there is some sort of changing planned - so stay tuned for updates.

I do not know how to trigger these updates in XBMC too - maybe there is some XBMC pro, which could tell us how to do that!
mlagger,

Any chance to add fanart and banner to season artwork for tv shows? Also, how about separating season artwork from episode artwork, allowing me to select each season and manage the artwork, then when selecting the season # for a tv show, it would show all 3 corresponding images, then selecting episodes will only show the episode's image

Also noticed for specials, season 0, tMM is saving poster art as season00-poster.jpg, but the wiki says it should be
"season-specials-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg) and "season[XX]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg) " for seasons>1.

Can this be reviewed as well?

Looking forward to new version to play with!

TIA

AL
I could add more artwork to tv show season, but imho tvdb & fanart.tv does not provide such artwork. Where would you take these picture from?
at the moment there is only the season poster, which is displayed in each episode from this season (because otherwise the season panel would only provide a poster and the episode panel would be almost empty)...

I will change the issue with season 0 / specials
@mlaggner,

thank you for the change.

I thought tvdb provides both banner and fan art. while not season specific, but if we can be provided with what is associated with the tv show, then we can pick whichever we want to use for each respective season.

TIA,

AL
(2013-06-28, 21:49)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]@nfolken: I've included the play button today. Stay tuned for the next release Wink Filtering for more than one genre would not be that easy.. I'll have a look if I can handle this

Forgot to say, Thanks! I use it all the time now. I have another suggestion if you are interested. It would be nice to be able to change the star rating and tick the 'watched' box without going through the edit dialog. Great work so far!
(2013-07-30, 13:55)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]It's not as simple as you think Smile The data update task does its work and after that I've to start the scrape task, BUT after the data update task I do not know exactly which new movies (tv shows/episodes) this task discovered.. So I need to implement some sort of response from the update task which tells me what new elements have been found... I am sure there is a way to do that Smile

Probably something akin to the green flag for new movies. Then just scrape for new content? (THAT would be a nice feature to have, even on its own, anyway)
@nipup: it's been a while till my last response... we've been busy finishing the tv show renamer and some stability fixes..
Today I've been looking once again at your feature request: At the moment it is not possible to queue 2 independent tasks without breaking our modularity.. We are looking for a way to queue tasks, then we can implement your suggestion - but that will need a while.

Meanwhile I've implemented a highlighting of new items like in the movie section and added a new task to TV shows named: Scrape new items (this will do a search and scrape for new TV shows and an automatic scrape for new episodes).

I hope this is a way you can live with Big Grin