Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Photo types (extensions) displayed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,
I've searched the forum but so far in vain... Is there any way of specifying what type of photos / images are displayed in the "Photo" section of XBMC. The folders I specify as sources for displaying photos contain both JPG and CR2 (RAW) photo files. XBMC tries to display the RAW files but the result is just a large pink image which totally messes up the slideshow effect. Is there any way to filter out the CR2 files so they don't show up in the Photo library or so that XBMC only displays the JPGs? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
You can probably remove .cr2 from the allowed extension types via advancedsettings.xml (wiki)
Awesome! Exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you.
Jmarshall. Thanks again for the response, but unfortunately the cr2 files still show on the list of photos together with the jpg files. I added the following to my zml file

<pictureextensions>
<remove>.cr2</remove>
</pictureextensions>

Am I missing something? Do I need to activate some setting for XBMC to look into the advancedsettings.xml file? Thanks in advance.
Did you add the <advancedsettings> tags?

Check the Debug Log to make sure it's loading it.
Jmarshall. Thanks for the suggestion. As a matter of fact my xml file wasn't loaded as I put it in the wrong folder. First I moved it to System folder and it got excecuted - CR2 files still showing on the list, then moved it to User folder and it got executed again - the CR2 files still showing. Finally I moved it to both previously mentioned folders. It still does get executed. The debug log shown below... Any other ideas as to how I can make XBMC not see these files... (ways other than moving them to a different folder)Huh Thanks again.

22:13:46 T:3864 NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml
22:13:46 T:3864 NOTICE: Contents of special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings>
<pictureextensions>
<remove>.CR2</remove>
</pictureextensions>
</advancedsettings>
22:13:46 T:3864 NOTICE: Getting hardware information now...
22:13:46 T:3864 NOTICE: Checking resolution 12
22:13:46 T:3864 NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
22:13:46 T:3864 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings>
<pictureextensions>
<remove>.CR2</remove>
</pictureextensions>
</advancedsettings>
Not sure but I believe not all raw formats are supported and maybe that's the reason they won't exclude. see: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1106
It's case-sensitive. Use .cr2
Jmarshall - Thank you. That was exactly the case. The funny thing is that I made it capital on purpose - i.e. for some reason the extensions CR2 in windows explorer actually show in upper case - I tried to keep that convention... which obviously didn't work. Now all is good - only jpg's show up. Thanks again for all the help.