Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
scudlee, let me say great work with what you've done so far.

I'm a bit new to all this so please bear with me. I have a bunch of Anime I've gotten from various sources and I'm having problems getting the episodes to parse. Here is an example of what DOES parse (and this is like the only one)..

F:\Media\Anime\Berserk\[Exiled-Destiny]_Berserk_Ep01_(08334131).mkv

All my others don't (I assume because there's no 'ep' in front but that doesn't seem to be the convention in most anime). Here are some examples...
F:\Media\Anime\Bleach\Season 16\[HorribleSubs] Bleach - 343 [720p].mkv
F:\Media\Anime\Shippuuden\Season 8\[Taka]_Naruto_Shippuuden_154-155_[720p][8AC6C664].mp4
F:\Media\Anime\Shippuuden\Season 8\[Taka]_Naruto_Shippuuden_156_[720p][A49F9DF5].mp4
F:\Media\Anime\Mushi-shi\[ANBU]_Mushi-shi_01_[96C46575].avi
F:\Media\Anime\Full Metal Alchemist - Brotherhood\[Eclipse] Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - 03 (1280x720 h264) [11E50952].mkv

I'm no stranger to regular expressions (software engineer) but I can't seem to find what I can modify so that my other anime will parse. I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks!
If anybody has had a problem with the XML files not being updated quick enough (and thus the very latest anime eps not appearing in your library), I have created a script that can grab the latest AniDB XML file as often as they'll let you.

https://github.com/Orbixx/AniDB-XML-Grabber

Quote:Grabs the XML file from AniDB's API on demand, but prevents violation of AniDB API guidelines such as requesting more than once every 24 hours, ultimately to be used for XBMC's AniDB scraper.

Simply place in a web-accessible location with a recent PHP installation and set your AniDB scraper 'Anime list URL' to the URL of wherever you host this script.

You're more than welcome to use mine, http://www.orbixx.com/anidb/anidb.php - but I can't guarantee 100% availability. If you have questions, I'm typically on freenode under the same username, or email me.
@PhoenixOfLight: The thing you need to be editing is your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) (which you'll need to create). Specifically you need to add a tvshowmatching node containing the regexps.

I'd recommend reading Video library/Naming files/TV shows#Using_custom_file_names (wiki) to get an explanation of how it works and some examples.

Also check this post from a few days back where I explained how to adapt the regexps from the first post to fit a specific case.

Be warned: Some renaming/renumbering will still be inevitable as fansub groups don't always follow AniDb, particularly for special episodes, and sometimes a group will number a series as one season whereas AniDb has split it it into two separate series.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there support for specials in the form S1, S2... on the anidb website? In the first post you mention OP/EDs, trailers, and parodies, but what about "special" specials, the the four in the image below?

Thanks in advance!
Yep! Those specials are just Season 0 Episodes 1-99. (If you know of a show that has over 100 specials on AniDb, let me know.)

So, for example, a file name like "Bakemonogatari S00E01.mkv" would refer to the first special in that image.

If you use the regexps from the first post, you could instead have file names like "Bakemonogatari - S2 - Tsubasa Cat - Part 3 (blah blah)[etc. etc.].mkv".
Hello,

I have read quite a lot here and i have a problem with my anime scraping and i just cant find a solution.

I have a problem which i read a lot about but i cant seem to find an answer to my problem.

First of all i am completely new to XBMC.
I want to scrape my anime info off Anidb. I also installed this mod and tried with that but i just can get any episodes in my list. Only the title.

Alle my files are named correctly (i renamed everything with the AniDB client.)

Example: Zetman - 01 - Untaught Emotions - [Doki](6cb570cf) or Mirai Nikki (2011) - 01 - Sign Up - [Commie](55466df0)
I set the scraping on ANIDB MOD and left everything default. It finds the show with according AniDB ID but no episodes.

The folder is set to D:\Anime Series\ within that folder i have the series ( D:\Anime Series\Zetman\ Zetman - 01 - Untaught Emotions - [Doki](6cb570cf).mkv)

I tried with TheTVDB instead of AniDB but i get the same problems. When i refresh info per episode i get the message: No info found

Im kinda loosing hope... I read from al lot of people the filenames is the problem but i cant find what im doing wrong Sad

Can somebody please help me?

Greetz DeeKayNL
You need to make an advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file in your userdata folder (wiki), and then copy the code at the bottom of the first post into it, in order for the file names to work.
HELL YEAH!!!! it works! thank you... who would've known it was that simple.
Anyone know how to sort/separate Specials and Main Episode in XBMC? Currently it look like this in my order,

S01
S02

It mixed up, rather I want something like this

S01
S02
In the settings under "AniDB 1" turn off "map specials inside of episode list" (and make sure "map specials at the end of the episode list" is on).

Also, make sure you do that for your source folder and not just the general addon settings, i.e. highlight the source folder in File view, bring up the context menu ('c' or right mouse click), select Change content, and then click the Settings button (and make sure to press OK in both dialogs to save your changes). If you then go to the affected series and refresh it (press 'i', and then Refresh) it should fix it.

If you want to change all series in one go, first change the content to "none" and remove everything when prompted, then set the content back (and change the settings). That will force a full refresh of everything.
Hi scudlee. First of all thanks for all the hard work for this amazing addon.

I have a question. The last time I installed this was abuot 6 months ago. Now I reformatted my RPi and reinstalled all my stuff including your repo and mod.

One thing I've noticed after the scraping is done is most of my Dragon ball movies and my 3 Eva rebuild movies have the same fanart and poster. I also browsed the remote posters and most of them weren't the same ones I saw before. This wasn't the case before. It was all unique and different and classy as fuck.

It's not that big of a deal and I'm just wondering why this happened.

Thank you and more power
Did you happen to run the Artwork Downloader at any point?

This would be the only scenario I can think of where this would happen:
1. You use the TV scraper exclusively (even for movies)
2. You have it set to store the tvdb id
3. You ran the Artwork Downloader

The Artwork Downloader would then use the tvdb id to save the same artwork locally for each "show" with that specific id (e.g. everything Dragon Ball would have the same Dragon Ball poster). When you rescanned, the local artwork would then take priority over the remote stuff. This happened to me once - I ended up turning off the saving of everything but the extra fanart and then deleting all the unwanted posters, banners and fanart (and then rescanning everything again).

That's my best guess, anyway (doesn't explain the differences in the remote posters, but that may just be due to change over time in what's available and/or popular).

If that doesn't match your situation, let me know.

(I also refreshed all three of the Eva movies just to test, and they all still showed different artwork - the posters for the first two are very similar though.)
Thanks so much for this mod. I found it by accident while searching about the "you are banned from anidb.net" issue. Now I finally have all my animes cataloged, including the newest ones that werent found by the original anidb scrapper Big Grin

Oh, in case someone has trouble with animes over 100 episodes, thats how I made it work, not sure if its the best way tho:

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[][ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \- ]()([0-9]+)(-[0-9]+)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \- ]([0-9]*)([0-9][0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)</regexp>
<regexp>[/\._ \- ]()([0-9]+)([0-9]+)(-[0-9]+)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \- ]\[(\d{2,3})\]</regexp> <!-- Para ler animes de 3 digitos -->
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
Just wanted to mention that the above regexp was the only thing that got my One Piece episodes parsing. I'm not sure why. Here's a file name example:

One Piece - 547 - Back to the Present! Hordy Makes a Move! [Yibis][HDTV][1280x720][h264](4a9c1aa6)

This was produce using the anidb client and the custom rules.

Any suggestions on to get the recommended regexp working?

EDIT: Of course when I posted this, I realized for whatever reason the CRC is being changed with ('s on the anidb client using the custom tagsystem. I replaced them with ['s and it now works.
(2013-09-02, 18:41)trickerie Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Of course when I posted this, I realized for whatever reason the CRC is being changed with ('s on the anidb client using the custom tagsystem. I replaced them with ['s and it now works.

That shouldn't actually affect anything. It's actually my own quirky preference, and I've never had a problem.

I guess it somehow managed to sneak into the unformatted rules when I updated them (the "Full" rules still use square brackets exclusively, and upper-cases the CRC).

Still, I've updated the first post to correct the unformatted rules (since they don't match the Full rules, and they should).