Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for the replacement code. Yes, I must agree with your conclusion that those episodes are probably corrupt. However, I doubt they are corrupt per se. As you said, it's probably to do with the CRC values. It's perfectly normal once in a while for an FTP transfer (all transfers are FTP because of my seedbox) to miss one byte or two during a file's transfer, yet the file in question still works fine. In the case of the bad Mezzo DSA episode, it didn't retrieve the file info. However, the episode plays fine, start to finish. I think the whole thing is a bit anal with CRC values.
In those cases, I normally find the torrent containing the file in question and point it at my "corrupt" copy. Assuming it's only a little off, it's usually only one piece that needs to be downloaded to fix it.
Thing is, I usually delete things off my seedbox once I've seeded a generous amount. And getting the files back on my seedbox would probably take longer than it's worth. Some of these series were downloaded from a mega pack. But I guess I can just select the files I want and don't download the rest. Thanks, I'll let you know if it all works out.
@LoveJoy, Post #400
You are right, the solution is to rename tvshow.nfo BEFORE library export. (How silly of me!)
Set down my dinner, got everything in place for a good anime night. Everything was set to the right file name by the client and I wiped the anime series database and had it rebuilt.

Only Dragon Ball Z had episodes. Everything else had not scraped, except the series themselves without the episodes. I've done everything as shown. I'm thankful for the help, but why is this happening? -_-'
@outlaw Mantis

Could it be that you get banned? I use a delay of 125 to make mine work. At 100 I sometimes get banned.

Else I would try and remove sources and add them again.

I take it that you now are sure the file name mask is not the problem anymore Smile
@LoveJoy

Do you mean the delay parameter? Otherwise, it's a little ambiguous. I checked today and it was set to 1, but I changed it to 125 and purged/re-added the sources. Still the same problem as before. The only series that is working is Dragon Ball Z, and even that is not working properly. It's the same episode for all entries of the show. Nonetheless, I'll paste my advancedsettings.xml in case there have been any mistakes in that. I had added some anime code that was suggested (I can't remember the specifics exactly), but maybe I pasted it in the wrong position. Here's the link.
@outlaw Mantis

I do not use advancedsettings.xml and I am not able to see if there is anything right or wrong in it. sorry.

Since you scrapped episodes all ends up as the same, I do not think banning is the problem.
I would check the episode information in xbmc for the PATH:. And see if I could figure out a logic reason as to why it has named all the same. Is there something in the file name that it could mistake for a episode number or something like that.

And just scrap one series, and then check if something has change.

On a side note I have also experiences episodes being scrapped as watched. So make sure you view settings are ALL VIDEOS.

It could be a very small, bad luck, dumb thing, and It is difficult to imagine all the possibilities and not fall for false assumptions in this end.

A last resort, could be to find a detailed tutorial on how to install XBMC, and start all over following the tutorial to the letter, and get that to work.
Then ad one or two anime series, and get that to work with the original anidb scrapper.
And first after that, start to change skin and settings to fit you better.

Sorry I can not offer more. I know how frustrating it is.
@outlaw Mantis: I can see one thing wrong with your advancedsettings.xml straight away. It may not be your only issue, but it certainly isn't helping.

You've nested the anime regexps inside a tvshowmatching tag inside a tvshowmatching tag. That double-nesting would cause them to be ignored.

Try deleting lines 69 and 72.
Thanks for both of your posts. I tried your changes, scudlee, but my results were exactly the same. However, when looking at LoveJoy's posts about using no advancedsettings.xml at all, I figured I'd rename the file keeping it as a revertible backup. This solved everything, or so it appears that way. The metadata downloaded perfectly. However, there is only one problem left, and that has nothing to do with this plugin. The problem is that when browsing the anime series smart playlist (that I have linked to via the home screen), XBMC really lags which takes browsing anime series a bit troublesome. I thought this might be due to the fact I'm using Yatse as a remote as perhaps some remote actions weren't registering properly when the Raspberry Pi is using high CPU. If I move my Raspberry Pi somehow (maybe not possible as my projector is behind my sofa) so its in the sight of an infra-red remote, I may consider getting one. I know this is off-topic, but do you think the lag is just because XBMC (or OpenELEC/Pi) is not very good at handling a large amount of series? This is slightly worrying, as although I do have over 60 anime series on there already, I planned to add many more.

Edit: Oh yeah, and back on topic, although I think (gonna check) everything else is fine, Cat Planet Cuties has only scraped the series, not the episodes. I'm stumped on what the problem is, because I had AniDB's client rename it as it did with everything else.
I can't get this to work at all.

I have this scrapping my anime folder as seen below

And is set up as follows on XBMC

But it finds random stuff

What am I doing wrong? ive never had this problems before from scrapping data.

Cheers
(2013-12-02, 00:05)Xencored27 Wrote: [ -> ]Image
...But the selected folder does not contain a single TV show...

You're also going to have trouble with the episode numbering. "E01" (on its own) is not one of the default patterns, "Ep01" is, but not "E01". You'll need to add a custom tvshowmatching regexp in your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) for them to work.

See Video library/Naming files/TV shows#Using_custom_file_names (wiki) for more details.
(2013-12-02, 00:26)scudlee Wrote: [ -> ]
...But the selected folder does not contain a single TV show...

You're also going to have trouble with the episode numbering. "E01" (on its own) is not one of the default patterns, "Ep01" is, but not "E01". You'll need to add a custom tvshowmatching regexp in your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) for them to work.

See Video library/Naming files/TV shows#Using_custom_file_names (wiki) for more details.

Whoops I think I turned that on when I was taking the screenshot it was off Tongue

hmm okay ill try "Ep"

Cheers

I'll report back in a mo.

Nope same mate not finding owt.
Any more ideas mate? Still not working.
Many thanks for the diligent work on this. If only I could get Media Companion or Plex to use the same scraper, I'd be set!

A few quick questions (sorry I haven't sorted through all 40+ pages of this topic):

Since everything is matched by hash, can I safely leave out tags such as Cen, Res, Vcodec and CRC in the rename script?

Do you have any recommendations on editing Confluence or using another skin in order to have Anime have its own category on the home screen?
(ie: Anime doesn't show up in TV Shows, but under its own heading like Movies would)

Slightly out of scope question: Is there any way to have XBMC save scraped information to the show directory? (That would solve my plex problem for the most part)

Sorry if this is awfully noobish. Many thanks again for your hard work.