Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
the scrapper doesnt find any anime for me excpet 2 or 3 i have all the names right. i tried now changing the =names to the official title from anidb and i think it works the only problem now is
I dont want the folder names in japanese and im getting that im banned from anidb wait for sometime until your are not banned
(2016-10-02, 14:25)aahmyu Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
the scrapper doesnt find any anime for me excpet 2 or 3 i have all the names right. i tried now changing the =names to the official title from anidb and i think it works the only problem now is
I dont want the folder names in japanese and im getting that im banned from anidb wait for sometime until your are not banned

I would recommend JMM (http://jmediamanager.org/) and their Kodi plugin (Nakamori). Works a charm, I just added the video addon as a main menu item.

Cheers,
Matt
ill give it a try, thanks Smile
Maybee an stupid question but does anidb work in kodi 17? I tried to install it through the repo but nothing happend.
(2016-10-14, 15:28)gabi12 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybee an stupid question but does anidb work in kodi 17? I tried to install it through the repo but nothing happend.
Worked for me (I'm on, what, 17.3?). I've got AniDB and ANN both listed in my add-ons. I know I used them both because Aria The Natural wasn't listed on one or the other and had to change scrapers.
Im also on 17.3 but for me as I wrote in my post it didn't install. I don't know why.
Dunno if there is a way to help with the anime list but it is missing this show.
https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh...&aid=12462
I have no idea how to get this to work. I've got anime.db installed and advancedsettings.xml in
C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

And none of the anime I have downloaded will get updated with information. Can someone tell me what's going on?

Some of these have relatively simple labels too, which I thought Anime.db would update automatically, to no avail.
I'm using the anime mapping list (thanks it's awesome!) through ASS/HAMA for Plex built by ZeroQI. Started trying to use it to add my anime to Plex and ran into a mapping that is missing, looked at github, and was directed here to submit omissions. So hopefully this is the correct place!

Just getting started going through my collection and ran into a missing mapping for "Another". AniDB #8556 special for this series is #2, but is #3 on the TheTVDB #254349 listings. So would need to add this line I believe to the Another entry in the xml, correct?:

<mapping anidbseason="0" tvdbseason="0">;2-3;</mapping>

Not sure if would cause an issue/conflict though where the OVA series "Another: The Other - Inga" (AniDB #8625) is also mapped to TheTVDB #254349 Season 0. Currently only 1 episode in the OVA so it wouldn't displace s0e02.

Anyway let me know if doing it right and I'll try to add anymore missing/updates as I got through my 1000+ series folders...
Just a quick question: Is it possible to use the AniDB scraper and still have seasons?

Example:

Slayers
-- Season 01 - Slayers
-- Season 02 - Slayers Next

Is this possible by using tvshow.nfo files?
Along with the changes from a couple posts up, I also submitted some additional bugs/fixes on github issues a few weeks ago. Doesn't look like anything has been touched. Any idea how long those take? Was hoping it would just be a day or two for someone to merge them. Any faster way for me to get them fixed? Sorting through my anime and adding it to Plex via ASS/HAMA which is allowing me to QC the list pretty well, but don't want it to take months for each fix or I'll be doing it forever. =/
While refreshing (or trying to) sone shows i got some "you're banned from anidb" message. Since afaik anidb mod scraper uses some cache files maybe the task collecting the files for the cache got some issues? Any ideas?
It's rather annoying since the shows in question don't show up anymore and the probleb persists for two days now ...
how can i force this to scrape anidb for episode information and not thetvdb?

why does it scrape thetvdb at all??
So I've had this issue for a long while now where the scraper would not find a given title, and even manually adding the title would fail.

Most recently (and I've rebuilt my library as I got myself a ShieldTV) being the anime Gate. Scraping with anidb would fail and manually entering the offial english title "Gate" would fail. It would list a bunch of other anime with Gate as part of their name, but not Gate itself. Even manually entering the full japanese name would fail. I even tried entering the anidb id (a10982) and that failed.
I'm also having problems with the scraper. Im trying to get it to work but it wont pick up Attack on Titan in either the english or japanese versions of the spelling. several other series are also like that.