Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio Primer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys

I'm an audio noob. Taking a good htpc setup, what is a good audio setup? I was initally connecting hdmi direct to a TV, but tv speakers are average. Is it worth getting an amp? Or merely getting a 2.1 speaker set and connecting that to the pc (headphone jack).
How can I get TV audio through this setup, incase I'm watching normal terrestrial tv?

What are your audio setups?

Thanks in advance.
At the moment I miss my amp and good speakers.....

But for now I have some Creative GigaWorks T40 connected to the headphone jack on my TV that way I am able to lower and raise the volume with the tv remote.

I have to say they speakers sound wonderful.... music it's so nice and movies too. They do sound like very expensive speakers.... just read the reviews... everyones ears are different.

If you can afford a great receiver then do that... if not this is great solution.

There are so many brands of speakers when you get a nice receiver from Bang Olufsen to cheaper Polk, Jamo, Sony, Infinity, etc...

There are some nice systems that are all in one....
Take a look at this one.... Onkyo HTX-22HDX credits for bluray for posting it.

I recently heard the Logitech Z906 wow I am amazed... and you can adjust each speaker and sub to your likes. Take a look at the reviews and vids on this system on youtube.... someone I know has this as there home theater speakers and they do rock! That is what Logitech intended to do with this.