Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video playback problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just installed last nights cvs build 8/14 and am experiencing video playback problems. i 'enabled' 480p/720/1080 and tried to play an avi file and it either freezes right away or goes to a black screen then freezes. to get anything to play at all i have to 'disable' 720p/1080i (yes i have a hdtv and hd pack). also, i go into 'video setup' and select 480p 16x9 and the screen output itself to 480p 4:3 (my sony tv tells me what rez is being sent to it). so 'fine', i start up an avi file and figure maybe it'll correctly set itself to 16x9 anyway. nope, doesn't, still outputs at 480p 4x3 and it just looks ugly, i have to set my screen to 'full' to fill the widescreen. whats going on, i thought this'd do at least 480p 16x19 if not 720p or 1080i? :tear: Confused
likely issue is memory problems.. decrease your cache. check your log file.. if any of these show up you run out of memory (alloc failed, malloc failed, realloc failed).