Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I can not get a tv show tab on home page skin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is driving me nuts!! All i want to do, is have 2 tabs on my skin. (TV shows and Movies) nothing else. How do i make this happen?I know how to hide the tabs in settings,skin,background.I have separate folder for TV shows and movies.

PLEASE HELP!
did you scan the folders into the library? if there's nothing scanned into the library, XBMC will not generate those buttons on the home page for you
Add content to your library: Adding videos to the library (wiki)

and make sure those tabs aren't hidden in your skin's settings (Settings -> Skin)
@vid53

If it makes you feel any better, you aren't the first person to be confused by this, and you probably won't be the last either.

To be honest, it's not exactly obvious that it works like that.

I actually think all of the main menu options should just appear and be visible from the word go and it should be up to the user to hide what they don't need.
I did scan a movie folder and TV folder. The Movie folder has a tab but not a TV show tab.I also tried the neon skin and i get movies only.In skin settings i turned of everything else and TV shows is not even in bold lettering, it is very faint. So i cant even turn it on or off.
If you select VIDEOS from the XBMC homepage, does it show options for both "Movies" and "TV shows"?
I have the same issue : I can have "Movies" OR "TV shows" on the home menu, but not both of them ...
Again, follow the guide: Adding videos to the library (wiki)

It's not perfect, but it will cover 90% of the issues. It will tell you how files must be named, what to do when things come in incorrectly, that you need separate folders for Movies and TV shows, etc