Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Annoying "white frame" in videos.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

My problem is this, since some month ago using nightlies I get something that can be described as a white/colored line (thin as hell) but "pulsating" at the bottom and to the right of the screen when playing movies.

It's very annoying to say the least, especially when the picture is dark (since my eyes immediately draws to this line/frame that is having "war of ants" on a few pixels-wide line). It's like the whole picture is shifted a few pixels to the right and up, thus xbmc filling up the bottom and left pixels with "something".

Extra description;
With bottom, I mean the edge where picture meets black-bars (if there is any) otherwise it's at the very bottom of the screen. Right is always at the right edge of the screen (only have widescreen movies).

Can't add screenshots it seems, hope my description helps a bit.

I dont have this problem when using VLC or Eden (or a very old nightly).

It's not a single file thats corrupt, tested perhaps 30-40 good encoded mkv's (and its fine in VLC and Eden). Usually it's 720p movies that is displayed (over hdmi) on a 1080p TV (scaling is done by computer, xbmc I guess).

Log
http://pastebin.com/hpSP0DDD

Any thoughts?
Well, the problem above has to do with VDA I just realized.

When I turn off hardwareacceleration and just use software rendering, the lines are gone and picture is good again.

Since my comp and handle 1080p in software-mode, I'm just going to use that. So problem at least worked-around for now.

Regards
Interesting. I stumbled upon this thread while searching for "white line" which has bothering me with many movies on OS X 10.8.2 and XBMC 12.0.

Went to System > Video > Playback > "Allow hardware acceleration (VDA Decoder)" - disabled that

-> line is gone. But performance is slower and somewhat laggy now.

Screenshot of the problem in action: http://cl.ly/image/3D1D3Z1e1C2u

Is there already a ticket for this problem?
Same issue here on Gotham nightly, but on Windows. Was not there on Frodo or Eden.
Nahh this is completly different. This issue described here is mac specific for sure. Coincident if there is something like that on windows but its completely unrelated...
Experiencing the same issue. Spent awhile trying to search for a fix, nothing to report.