Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: problem with nightlies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I just tried few latest nightlies for ubuntu from Nathan Rennie-Waldock repo. None of them seems to work at all.
I'm currently using the July 31 version, which is ok.
All current builds refuse to run with the following error:

symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: undefined symbol: _ZTIN6TagLib8IOStreamE

Doesn't matter if I install with apt-get install xbmc (latest nightly) or download any previous packages and install with dpkg -i

Fortunatelly I kept July 31 packages, which work without any problem.

I understand, nightlies are only for the brave...
But are they supossed not to run at all Huh

Im using the shared library with raspberry pi, and there are new better/faster releases for pi, and I can't use them,
because I'm stucked with July video database version :-(
the problem is the taglib package his builds are linked to. If you ONLY use xbmc on this PC and nothing else(desktop stuff) you can force the install of his libtag1* packages.
ATTENTION: this will break a lot of ubuntu desktop stuff, so do not do this if you are not sure

Depending on your hardware (Nvidia or AMD Gfx), you can use the packages from my ppa, see my sig
They do not need this new taglib.
Thanks for the info. Just two questions about your builds:
Do I have to install any special driver (nvidia) ? currently using the oryginal xbmcbuntu driver.
Found on your post some info about audio bugs - using LPCM means DTS decoding by xbmc, right ? Currently using external decoder.