Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video desc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ive been out of this for a time since my xbox blew out its lan and went nuts... just bought a 1.6 and about to finish it up to get back into the game and wondered.

awhile ago in reference to adult topics for video it was suggested to manually edit the db to get the information in for the title. now there is .nfo extensions and i am wondering format usage, ex. i have 9 seasons of the xfiles, 5 seasons of andromeda and 5 seasons of quantum leap on my nas. since alot of them were dvd rips is there a method by which i can make the nfo file and specify the synopsis and other information since there is no url for the specific episodes? it would make things alot easier in the end if it were possible and then it wouldnt specifically require a net connection to fill in the information.
yeah there is a way to do it but its rather ugly. xbmc only supports lookups from imdb so put the imdb url in the .nfo file. (ie, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0396269/)

after it downloads the info, you can edit it as the data is stored in an xml file in albums. (tt########.xml where ####### is the imdb id.)

now, here's the annoying part. if you want individual information for each of your episodes, you're going to have to use different imdb numbers in each .nfo file. i would suggest using some obscure foreign films or something so that you dont have a conflict later if looking up a real movie.