Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Telldus Home automation script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've put together a script to allow you to customize and setup a telldus/tellstick controlled environment, all from within XBMC. It's made especially for my setup, but I think its customizable to work out of the box for most people. Feel free to give any feedback.

Ive also made a customized skin to go along with it (might release it later), but for now ive just added some basic info to make it work for most people (check out the description of the script).

Hope someone else would benefit from this =)
ImageImage
ImageImage

How to use:
1) Make sure your Telldus system is set up and working through Telldus Center
2) Go to the "Setup" tab for this script, find your "tdtool.exe"
3) Setup number of controls ready to use in your system
4) Choose witch ones are dimmable controls
5) Set their ID#s (if you dont know, run "tdtool.exe -l" from command line)
6) Feel free to edit the control names in "-addon-path-/resources/English/strings.xml" for more convenient names
7) Customize your own "Play", "Pause" and "Idle" states and enjoy the script

Easy access from skin (description based on confluence):
1) open "/720p/MyVideoNav.xml" from your skin
2) Find the following line: <control type="grouplist" id="9000">
3) Add the following inside that control-group where you find it suitable:
Code:
<control type="button" id="110">
    <description>Telldus</description>
    <textwidth>170</textwidth>
    <include>ButtonCommonValues</include>
    <label>Telldus settings</label>
    <onclick>Addon.OpenSettings("script.rbiez.telldus")</onclick>
</control>
4) Enjoy!

Download:
http://bit.ly/1NZKDxE - version 1.0.3 (updated 10th Apr 2015)
http://bit.ly/11bwDQa - version 1.0.2 (updated 12th Oct 2014)
http://bit.ly/WZE05c - version 1.0.1 (updated: 1st Feb 2013)

Changelog:
- NEW: Added possibility to leave different controllers unchanged during different states

- BUG: Fixed bug in "Gotham" for turning dimmable controls off

- BUG: Fixed bug in "control". Can now fully control custom ID's

- Initial release
New version: 1.0.1 - Minor bug fixes. Link in original thread.
is this for the usb or net version ?
(2013-02-26, 16:30)KRA77 Wrote: [ -> ]is this for the usb or net version ?

usb. utilize the tdtools.exe, if the net version also use this, it might work for that one as well, but i dont know since i dont have one
Any chance it will work on openelec ?
thanks for this, i will have my kit installed next week, will try it then
(2013-03-28, 17:37)Dtekmario Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance it will work on openelec ?

I havent personally tried it, but this tool requires tdtool.exe or similar to work, and as far as i know, this is not available for openelec, making it unlikely to work.
Thanks for this. I have been using it for a couple of months now and it works a treat. I tried a few scripts and I found yours to be the simplest and best.
Looks great, will try this when I get my tellstick Smile.. Thanks!
Tried to install the latest build (1.0.2), but I got "dependencies not met" on my XBMC 13.2 built 17 aug Sad

Edit: Well after some editing of the code it now works!. Thanks for a great script Smile
(2014-11-07, 13:38)sonic Wrote: [ -> ]Tried to install the latest build (1.0.2), but I got "dependencies not met" on my XBMC 13.2 built 17 aug Sad

Edit: Well after some editing of the code it now works!. Thanks for a great script Smile

Im glad you got it working. May I ask what code needed changing?
P.S. will upload 1.0.3 the coming days - includes the possibility to ignore some of the controls / leave them unchanged, at different states.
Oh nice, a new version Smile. Well if I remember correctly I only changed the python version in the addon.xml. So "code" change might not be the right word to use here, just an adjustment to the addon. Sorry if I confused you Smile

After using it for a couple of weeks now, I think its a neat addon that make the little extra to the homecinema experience Smile. Thanks once again
Is it possible to add a feature to have different settings to movies, tv-series and live tv?
Rbiez: how did the update come along?
Does this require that XBMC and telldus center/tdtool runs on the same machine?
Pages: 1 2