Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC compatibility for Kindle Fire HD or Nexus 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am shopping around between the Kindle Fire HD and Nexus 7. I like different things in each device. I run 85% of my media out of XBMC on my Windows box. Our iPhones have an app called Constellation for navigation and control over playback, and it works okay.

For those of you who have these tablets, how difficult or easy is it for you to control your XBMC using their apps? Other functionality issues I should be aware of when comparing the two tablets?
I do know that the Official XBMC Remote is available on both the Amazon Marketplace and Google Play site. I guess anything else would be third party to just assist with advanced features.
plenty of apps on android

i use yatse, the developer is highly active on these forums in the supplemental section
Picked up a Nexus 7 this week and though I haven't yet tried any remote control apps, I have been playing around with XBMCs UPnP support using BubbleUPnP on the device and it has worked great so far.

Obviously UPnP only covers some scenarios, like browsing the XBMC libraries on the device and launching them, but actually navigating the UI on your TV is not possible.

yatse is great on the android tablet.