Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple SFTP-paths for TVShows?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm trying to set up my laptop with XBMC to be able to (securely) access my media-server (the server is running Debian) over the internet and was trying to get SFTP working. It works well enough for movies that I keep on one drive, but when I try it for TV-series that are spread over multiple drives it just doesn't work. Reading the documentation there seems to be a limitation in XBMC that means you cannot add multiple SFTP-paths for a source (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...ources.xml).

Is there any specific reason why this isn't possible? Is there any way to work around this or should I resort to using SMB/Samba instead (which I would really want to avoid due to security concerns)?

As far as I can tell, there's nothing to suggest that you can't have multiple SFTP paths for a single source. Have you tried this through the GUI in XBMC?
I have tried that. It does scrape everything as it should, but when I run a "clean database" it simply removes all entries.