Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: recently added broken in frodo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm running frodo compiled from git today 10/21 on linux. Setting <recentlyaddeditems> in advancedsettings.xml has no affect, no matter what is put there the standard 25 items is displayed. Also, recently added items are being refreshed properly in the horizontal thumbnails, but the list does not update without restarting xbmc. Are these known bugs or settings that need to be changed somewhere? Thanks!
The recently added node may be altered directly by editing the XML in xbmc/system/library/video. You can copy the entire structure across to userdata and edit as you wish.
Thank you for the reply, i wasn't able to get those changes working until i followed the instructions in this post however: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1208563

The bigger problem that i'm not sure is a bug or "feature" is that the recently added list does not actually update itself unless xbmc is completely quit and re-opened. Is there a setting somewhere that will enable the recently added list to update in real time without requiring a restart? Thanks!

*edit*

I may be wrong about things not showing up at all, perhaps that was only happening when adding large amounts of new content? Regardless it seems recently added waits until the library scan is completely finished to post an update, it did not do this under Eden i believe. Why the change?