Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buffering Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a buffering issue for .mov and .mkv files using Windows Network (SMB) shares.

Any suggestions =
1. Post more information, not idea what system, wifi or wired? is it local content etc?

2. Try using NFS as it has less overheard than SMB,
Thanx for your interest

ad 1
Media files are stored on a NAS drive (Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive Cloud Edtion) and played back on XBMC intalled on ATV2 on a Sony Bravia TV.

Files can be access by XBMC as "UPnP devices" or "Windows Network (SMB)".

The NAS drive is recognised by ZeroConf Browser, but none of the media files can be accessed.

Ad 2
I have installed the NFS manager developed by bresnik. The NFS manager does not allow mounting the NAS Drive on my MAC with OSX Lion. It gives the following message :

Please review the share definitions to correct the problem. The NFS server has returned the following description of the problem:

/Volumes/Egne using UUID 3C2333A2-9D16-4E4D-9F8C-46EBB6BB2676
Can't export /Volumes/Egne/Diverse: Invalid argument (22)
exports:4: kernel export registration failed

If it is an ATV2 then first try to flick through a few things here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...choppiness and see if anything will help but I would say it's probably because of SMB, also try setting the <cachemembuffer> size in the advanced settings file.
DeanMV,
Thanx for your answer.

Where do I find the advanced settings file ?
(2012-10-23, 21:01)carlager Wrote: [ -> ]Where do I find the advanced settings file ?

advancedsettings.xml (wiki)