Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows XBMC Keyboard Shortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to modify the default buttons on my HP MCE remote. One of the problems is that I can't seem to locate a list of keyboard shortcuts for XBMC. Every Wiki page related to mapping keyboard presses or remote buttons refers to these shortcuts, but exactly what they are remains a mystery to me.

Am I missing something obvious here?
Not sure what you're asking here. You mean like keyboard controls (wiki)?
Those are a start, but just through trial and error I've come up with several more:

Ctr + E Go to Movie list
Ctrl + P Go toPause
Ctrl + S Go to Screenshot folder
Ctrl + F Go to Playlist
Ctrl + M Go to Music by Artist
Ctrl + Shift + F, B, P, S are playback control commands

These keystroke combinations may do other things depending on what mode you are in. The keyboard.xml gives a few more, but I was looking for a complete listing. Maybe there's a repository for this type of information.
Sort of. I've been meaning to try to set up some kind of automated or semi-automated way to extract the info from https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...slator.cpp

ButtonTranslator.cpp there is basically what handles all those input buttons, so you can use it as a way to see all the available options. Most of them are self explanatory based on their name, but some need a little more documentation. Hopefully for Frodo we'll have that all up and running. Until then, digging through ButtonTranslator is your best bet.