Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Getting remote to work with XBMC and iTunes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just got one of the new Mac Minis and I'm having difficulty getting XBMC and iTunes both working with the remote. So far, I have to choose between two options:

1. Allow start of XBMC using the remote is on.
In this case, everything works fine except (of course) that I can't start XBMC by pressing the Menu button on my remote. I have to go to the Mac to start XBMC.

2. Allow start of XBMC using the remote is off.
As expected, this fixes my problem with starting XBMC. But now the remote is dead for everything other than XBMC. When I'm using iTunes, the remote doesn't do anything - no start, stop, volume, etc.

By toggling the Allow start of XBMC using the remote setting I can switch back and forth between those two scenarios. I've left it in option 1 right now so that my remote works with everything (except starting XBMC).

Has anyone else had this problem? It's a brand new Mac Mini. Other than the factory-shipped software, the only thing I've added to it is XBMC.

Thanks!

James
Hmm, I wonder how well you will be able to use both apps without the implementation of a third party remote app.

If you really need to use iTunes, i would look at all the remote options for osx eg. candelair along with remote buddy, flirc etc. If Itunes is the only app other than xbmc that you wish to use, you could use the remote app available for ios devices if you have any.