Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Keymap for Dinovo Mini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I searched and couldn't find a clear answer. I have a Logitech Dinovo Mini, how do I map the media keys to work in XBMC along with the home button to go the main menu? Is there a keymap already made for this?
I would like to bump this. Since I updated from Eden to Frodo, my media keys on my Logitech DiNovo Mini dosn't work anymore.
The media keys (FF and REV) no longer work on XBMC Frodo 12.2
in my log,
the ID always comes up as 0 and then the hex (fx200).
and something about trying Hardy installation...Confused
can someone please assist me in getting this fixed? when I try to use the XBMC keyboard editor, it will assign FF and REV as the same button.

if this is not the correct place, can someone please point us in the correct direction?

according to some post, they worked in Eden...
(2013-09-20, 16:09)locomot1f Wrote: [ -> ]The media keys (FF and REV) no longer work on XBMC Frodo 12.2
in my log,
the ID always comes up as 0 and then the hex (fx200).
and something about trying Hardy installation...Confused
can someone please assist me in getting this fixed? when I try to use the XBMC keyboard editor, it will assign FF and REV as the same button.

if this is not the correct place, can someone please point us in the correct direction?

according to some post, they worked in Eden...

If I understand correctly, those are just media keys on the Dinovo Mini, and XBMC should detect them and use them just like any other keyboard with media keys. You mention Hardy, as in Ubuntu's Hardy? Is that the OS you are using? If so, I think there might be some issues with it and multimedia keys.
peace Ned,

thanks for replying to this thread!!! really appreciate your help in any way.

What you have said is correct, just the media keys at the top of the keyboard. Play and Pause work correctly, and even the Next_Track and Prev_Track (when you hold down the FN (function) button, and press FF or REV buttons respectively) work properly... so it seems that something got missed in the mapping?

I've posted my debug log -- http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=61026

i did the test, which you will find at the bottom -- lines 754 - 765.
it goes:
REV, Play, Pause, FF

As you can see the code that it gives is 0, when i try to run the Keymap Editor Add-on, it gives it the ID of "61952".
but the log still defines it as 0. I left the mapping to do rewind... so that at least one of the buttons would work.
but as you can see, it's also mapped to what should be FF.

thanks again in advance. it's not a BIG thing as the comma and period button work. but just for the convenience, it would be nice to have these buttons working too.
let me know if you need more information.
should this topic be moved to the Linux Support thread?
@ned Scott,

No, I'm not using Ubuntu's Hardy OS... not sure if you got a chance to look at my debug file.

there's the line:
Code:
GetActionCode: Trying Hardy keycode for 0xf200
that is referring to this 'Hardy'
Hmm, I'm not sure. I don't see anything obvious in the log, but I could be missing something since I'm not entirely sure what would cause this.

Have you looked to see if there's a funky keymap file loaded somehow? Maybe from the keymap editor add-on. It would be in userdata (wiki)/keymaps/

As you say, it's odd that it seems to see them as the same button. I've used other media keyboards, but not the Dinovo, and they should just work out-of-the-box. It's also a fairly popular keyboard/remote to use with XBMC. I'm a bit stumped.
peace Ned Scott,

thanks for looking into this.
i can run the command, showkey, and I get a result, so, it is mappable.
I don't have anything under keymaps other than what I've created, and this was happening before I installed the keymap editor.
any other places that I should look? any files that I might want to try and configure?

I think that is the most interesting thing -- when the either key is pressed (FF or REV), it give the code 0.

if there's anything that I can do to help out with mapping these keys, just let me know...
is there anyway to use this information:
Code:
Keyboard: scancode: b0, sym: 0153, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
GetActionCode: Trying Hardy keycode for 0xf200
OnKey: 0 (f200) pressed, action is
to correctly map these buttons?
otherwise, thanks for your attention to this.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can a proper keymap be added for dinovo mini... this is one of the leading HTPC keyboards. Frodo has broken my xbmc launch button. was told to add this for media launch button in user.xml but it no longer works Sad.

</TriggerState>
</Trigger>
</Button>
<Button Number="12320781" Name="Media">
<Param IconLoc="Devices\Keyboard\CommonIcons\mediacenter" Type="HOTKEY"/>
<Trigger Class="ButtonPress">
<Param Button="12320781" EventType="100663297" FirstRepeatDelay="0" RepeatDelay="0" Silent="0" Type="0"/>
<TriggerState Name="ButtonDownUp" HandlerSet="LaunchProgram">
<Handler Class="FileLauncher">
<Param BrowseType="1" FileName="C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe" LookupPath="0" Name="Media" Parameters="" ShowUIDlg="1" Title="XBMC"/>
</Handler>
</TriggerState>

anyone know whyHuh
I've noticed that FernetMenta's commits to the keyboard.xml, and cpp files are updated properly, and work... i've tested them.

maybe if we ask nicely, we can get them submitted to the gotham release :-)

-> https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...e6f6dd6a7c