Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playlists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I need to set up a playlist, so I can control my Raspberry PI with XBMC with my Android phone (with XBMC remote app). My set up is:

Raspberry PI with XBMC
Windows PC with all the music and videos, shared to the Raspberry over LAN.
Raspberry mounts folders from Windows PC to /win/* (for example, music is /win/music/)

I tried creating a smart playlist from XBMC, I used filters with filepath contains "/win", and that's it. But yet XBMC doesn't find any files to the playlist? (Note that all files are properly found if I just go Music -> Files, but the playlist I just created is empty). I've tried many things, adding filters, pointing it to exact location (/win/music) and all, but nothing comes up in the playlists..

Any help? How can I easily set up a playlist, so I can for example select a song to play, controlling it all from XBMC remote application on my android phone?
playlist will only work if you have scanned your media to the library. It doesn't work for file mode
(2012-10-28, 06:17)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]playlist will only work if you have scanned your media to the library. It doesn't work for file mode

What exactly does that mean?

I've added all the files to XBMC by Add source, and I can play them all fine.

I just added my movies from "scratch", and tried to make a playlist.

Add source -> /win/movies. They're visible if I go videos -> files -> select Movies. I made a new smart playlist with only filter "path", and I selected the movies -source I created before. No visible items in the playlist Sad
I actually found a much better remote app for XBMC and with that I don't need playlists to easily access my files (it seems to direcly read the library). And as a plus, the remote side works perfectly aswell!
Adding a source doesn't scrape any info nor does it add the files to the database. Open context menu for each source folder and then click "scan new items".

After that you can create playlists...
(2012-10-28, 20:00)Sappher Wrote: [ -> ]I actually found a much better remote app for XBMC and with that I don't need playlists to easily access my files (it seems to direcly read the library). And as a plus, the remote side works perfectly aswell!

Impossible!

you don't have a library because you only browse files