Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: hybrid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
(2013-01-02, 00:36)nephalim3 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way you can enable a Log-out feature somewhere in the skin? I have multiple people using XBMC and each has their own profile. I absolutely love this skin but the inability (as far as i can tell) to log out makes this skin unusable for me.

Another way - use the submenu from "SYSTEM" the option there will also bring up context menu with logoff option
This is probably a very silly question, but I can't find a corresponding menu option or anything in this thread ---

Is there any way to disable all of the effects applied to poster art? As in, no case outline, no transparent overlay, no 'Digital Video' or 'Matroska' banners down the left side --- so just the poster itself is displayed? Other skins I've used usually have a 'Hide Case' option that will simply show the unadorned posters, but this option in Hybrid only seems to switch back and forth between two different 'case' styles.

Awesome skin, btw.
Hi Mudislander,
Your skin looks awesome... i was just wondering if i can get access to the uncompressed textures.xbt file, as id like to play with some of the images?

Or... is there a way i can uncompress the xbt file?
thanks.
(2013-01-02, 04:23)flanger216 Wrote: [ -> ]This is probably a very silly question, but I can't find a corresponding menu option or anything in this thread ---

Is there any way to disable all of the effects applied to poster art? As in, no case outline, no transparent overlay, no 'Digital Video' or 'Matroska' banners down the left side --- so just the poster itself is displayed? Other skins I've used usually have a 'Hide Case' option that will simply show the unadorned posters, but this option in Hybrid only seems to switch back and forth between two different 'case' styles.

Awesome skin, btw.

Thanks hey, I'm working on it - Skin was originally setup how I want my system, but I realize not everyone likes cases so an option to hide them will be put in.

(2013-01-02, 05:12)BlissSol Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Mudislander,
Your skin looks awesome... i was just wondering if i can get access to the uncompressed textures.xbt file, as id like to play with some of the images?

Or... is there a way i can uncompress the xbt file?
thanks.

A few places you can find the uncompressed images - Install the Development Repo or clone github or if you prefer svn source. In all cases you'll find the images in the directory "/skin.hybrid.dev/themes/Textures"

If you come up with anything interesting let me know as I'm no artist Smile
whats the correct naming convention to have the cases show bluray 3d?

some show bluray 3D, some DV Digital video - though the files are named the same name.3DBD.mkv or nane.3DBD-H-SBS.mkv ? cant get my head around why it does seem to work for some but not all ..
This area may need some tweaking Wink ATM if the skin fails to match up any conditions then "Digital Video" shows up normally if item is a folder or top level of a Set.

If you don't have "Use Disk Cases" enabled - found in the left menu of some views Then skin checks if list being shown belong to TVshow then shows "TV Series" If not TVShow then checks the file extension and tries to appropriate case eg AVI, MKV etc falling back to Digital Video if skin does not have the correct case.

If you do have "Use Disk Cases" enabled then skin checks the following in this order and uses the first match.

N.B. the "Use Disk Cases" is global and will change all views.

1. In the Path to file or in file name the words 'bluray','bdrip','bd25' or 'bd50' - then use bluray case
2. The Path or Filename of file contains '.3D.' or '.SBS.' then use 3D case
3. Checks for 'hddvd' in file name or path, if found use HD-DVD case
4. Check for 'dvd' in file or path = Use DVD Case
5. Check name and path for 'pdtv','hdtv','dsr' - if found use TVSeries
6. Nothing matched now use Digital Video Case

So in short if .3D. found in name then use 3D Case, but if you want I'm quite happy to add .3DBD. into the mix for the case to show.
Just wanted to compliment you on an awesome skin, Mudislander. I loved your previous Confluence Mod Lite one and was pretty upset when it got dropped - but with Hybrid, I don't miss it. Great job.

I'm running it on an iPad 2, OpenElec and Windows; runs excellently on all three platforms (they've all got pretty solid hardware). Raspberry Pi is too slow for it, but I expected that Smile

Two questions:
  1. On an iPad, how do I access the Suggested list for TV Shows and Movies? (ie, with a touch screen?). This 'Suggested' widget is worth it's weight in gold; it belongs in EVERY skin! (Thanks in part to Ronie, I guess!)
  2. As mahanyc mentioned, the ability to view Recently Added Movies (or otherwise customize the Movie/TV-Show submenus) would be great. 'Recently Added' on Movies is a must-have for viewing trailers/info/etc.
Thanks once again, man!
Thanks hey, "Confluence Mod lite" was great, considering it was initially "proof of concept" for this menu system, but onwards and upwards Smile

1. Good question - I've no idea Big Grin Guess we'll have to put something up on the right somewhere to activate the suggested stuff, or get back the suggested home panel widget - I dropped because on my system sometimes there's only one movie there. Anyway will think about how todo it, suggestions welcome.

The script is a good one & quite a few people have done a lot of work on it. There is a thread somewhere about adding "plex's on deck stuff" into XBMC, which is where it started

2. I've been adding in more menu and submenu options, Recently Added is one of them. Again suggestions for more are welcome & usually easy to do

Edit Added to menu options "Suggested" & " Log Off" + a couple more. Can now be added as a menu or submenu item. Uploaded to GitHub
(2013-01-04, 16:15)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]This area may need some tweaking Wink ATM if the skin fails to match up any conditions then "Digital Video" shows up normally if item is a folder or top level of a Set.

If you don't have "Use Disk Cases" enabled - found in the left menu of some views Then skin checks if list being shown belong to TVshow then shows "TV Series" If not TVShow then checks the file extension and tries to appropriate case eg AVI, MKV etc falling back to Digital Video if skin does not have the correct case.

If you do have "Use Disk Cases" enabled then skin checks the following in this order and uses the first match.

N.B. the "Use Disk Cases" is global and will change all views.

1. In the Path to file or in file name the words 'bluray','bdrip','bd25' or 'bd50' - then use bluray case
2. The Path or Filename of file contains '.3D.' or '.SBS.' then use 3D case
3. Checks for 'hddvd' in file name or path, if found use HD-DVD case
4. Check for 'dvd' in file or path = Use DVD Case
5. Check name and path for 'pdtv','hdtv','dsr' - if found use TVSeries
6. Nothing matched now use Digital Video Case

So in short if .3D. found in name then use 3D Case, but if you want I'm quite happy to add .3DBD. into the mix for the case to show.

hm interesting as this actually does make sense but isnt reflected in what I observe

\name (YEAR)\name.3DBD.mkv - shows 3d bluray box
\name (YEAR)\name.3DBD.mkv - doesnt show 3d bluray box

thats the reason why I was asking really ...

where is the file to modify the detection I might give it a go as I think the priority needs to be different:

1st 3d
2nd bluray
3rd hddvd
4th hd / hdtv

etc ...

I would play with it and post my results

cheers
Sure the file is "IncludesVariables.xml" and the variable is "<variable name="VideoListCase">" roundabout line 290 depending on which version. The file in GitHub would be the best one to edit & should fit back into any version of the skin.
yep found it - just added 3dbd to the filters and now all my files, which were tagged 3dbd somehwere are showing correctly ... it was the limitation of the .3d. that caused the issue ...
Absolutely loving this skin. Simple, clean, looks awesome and is highly customisable

One thing I have not been able to find, and it might not even be in there, but is it possible to have media backgrounds that are randomly selected from the media fanart for Movies and Music?
Sorry, this is a "Frodo" issue and Ii've had to drop that option. Sad You can still do it by using the plugin called Artwork Organizer Set it up and then use the multi image selection for your background and point it to the folder for Movie Fanart created by ronie's script
ok cool thanks! Will give that a try.

One other quick question - the disable CD case seems to be broken, i tried the latest developer branch but that also seemed not to work. It appears to display the CD cover over the top of the jewell case and spinning CD which you can still see behind it.
Whoops, you're right - I'll fix it today. Was a knock on effect from changing somethingelse.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37