Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to import a "Best of" DVD Collection???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the Star Trek The Next Generation Borg Collective DVD and I am trying to import them onto XBMC. However since this is a "Best of" collection I can not rename the files by season or episode.
What do I need to do to import the files or how should I rename them so XBMC will locate and read the files??

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks!
Paul
anyone?
You'd have to treat the episodes individually, each with their respective metadata.

If you're using a nightly release (Frodo, XBMC v12), then you'd be able to create a custom video node (or a smart playlist) called "The Borg Collective" by filtering out those episodes from your library. Say you were to tag each episode with "Borg", and then filter that out. Unfortunately in Eden you can't create a custom set with TVshows, or have access to Tags.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes

There's a bit of a learning curve with the nodes, but if you're well-versed with smart playlists then the transition to video nodes is not too bad.
I do have Eden. Where do I dl the version your speaking of?
And if I dl it will I have to reset all my settings or will they remain the same?

Thanks for your time
Paul
The nightlies are in the download link at the top of the page, in the area where it says "Only for the brave..." Smile. You'll want to get something fairly recent (I'd say, after Oct 15th..) for tvshow tags, and custom nodes.

You're going to want to back up your userdata folder before/if you install (which includes all your settings, databases, etc.. - but not your addons). Some folks are able to just install v12 right on top of Eden, and other folks have had issues doing it that way. I had issues, and went for a clean install after uninstalling the previous version, including deleting the user profile folder (userdata). So you could try to just install over top of your current install, and see how things go...
Ill give it a shot.

Thanks for the help!