Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PRE AMP OR NO PRE AMP THAT IS THE QUESTION?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Ive been building computers for a while and have a nice HTPC setup at my house. I have a movie server with 6 tb's of space holding my digital library running to my current HTPC.

My question is when I build my new HTPC setp would it be better to run idividual amplifiers per channel from the sound card or run the sound via HDMI from a NVDIA GTX 6500 to Emotiva Pre Amp then to indiviadual apmlifiers?? Both with work but whatsLaugh going to be better or at all necessary?
(2012-10-29, 21:47)Mars84 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Ive been building computers for a while and have a nice HTPC setup at my house. I have a movie server with 6 tb's of space holding my digital library running to my current HTPC.

My question is when I build my new HTPC setp would it be better to run idividual amplifiers per channel from the sound card or run the sound via HDMI from a NVDIA GTX 6500 to Emotiva Pre Amp then to indiviadual apmlifiers?? Both with work but whatsLaugh going to be better or at all necessary?

I would send it to the preamp so that it can do all of the room eq.
Absolutely use the Emotiva to preamp the signal. There is most definitely better circuitry in that gear than in a sound card.