Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Gray screen when playing certain channels on ATV2!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone,

I've been having this issue for a while now and cannot find any answer/solution.

When trying to view some (not all) channels using Livestreams, I get the sound, but no picture! the screen turns black-grayihsh on my ATV2!!! It is worth nothing that the same channel often works fine the 1st time it is played, then after that, it starts exhibiting this gray screen behavior (next time it's played). For your reference, here is a copy of XMC Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=12061

I appreciate any insight and/or suggestions to get rid of this problem.

Thanks!

Note: Hope this helps....but I did turn debugging ON (under xbmc's system) and I've noticed that the channels that exhibit this black-grayish screen behavior play at a frame per second of 35 to 36 fps, where as the "good" ones play at 21, 22, 23, 25 or 30 fps on my ATV2. it is alos worth nothing that the same channel play just fine on xbmc windows. In fact I can see that the streams plays at 29 to 30 fps on my laptop's xbmc!!! Maybe the laptop has a mechanism to adjust the stream fps, but tv doesn't! or maybe the TV gets stuck at that 35fps and cannot adjust it down to 30 fps!!! .Looks like anything above 30fps causes xbmc or tv to choke on the ATV2 and show this gray screen, but is there a way to adjust xbmc or tv settings to correctly display streams playing at 35 or 36 fps?

Any takersHuh