Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCBuntu and supported usb wireless
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have gone through two brands of wireless usb sticks and have not been successful getting it to fully recognize in XMBCbuntu. Is there a list of supported wireless usb devices that is a) plug and play b) supports wireless n?
It's fairly easy to install new wireless drivers through the desktop GUI in XBMCbuntu. What brand/model USB devices do you have?
The one that I tried and have had an awful time getting to work is a Linksys/Cisco AE1000 Wireless b/g/n stick. I have tried everything under the sun to get it to work, but I can't get the device to recognize let alone find an AP. The native VIA VT6656 card would find AP's but trying to bind to an AP would simply fail.
I recommend trying the newest ubuntu version, it might just work.
if it doesn't, post the output of lshw -C net
some info on my wired ethernet...
now for the wireless...

description: Wireless interface
physical id: 1
logical name: ra0
serial: xxxxxx
capabilities: ethernet physical wireless
configuration: broadcast = yes diver=RALINK WAN driververision=2.4.0.0 multicast-yes wireless=Ralink STA
seems the driver is there. Now you need to configure your WLAN. Easiest is to logout of xbmc, login to the desktop session and use the gui tools