Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scrapers often dont find movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
although I renamed all my movies making it easier for my scraper to find them I realized that there are still many problems...
For example I have the movie "Absolon (2002)". The scraper ofdb.de is not able to find it. Although there is the movie in their database http://www.ofdb.de/film/27221,Absolon
Even removing the Year in the brackets lets the scraper not find it.

Best way would be to enter an url manualy...
url nfos...
well I dont want to import a library. I have scanned a directory and the scraper doesnt find all movies... o.O
(2012-11-02, 22:26)chris1412 Wrote: [ -> ]well I dont want to import a library. I have scanned a directory and the scraper doesnt find all movies... o.O

You don't have to import a library...

Create a .nfo named <movietitle>.nfo, and place the url for the movie on the ofdb.de site in the .nfo. Save it next to the movie, and then scan again. That's what the wiki entry is referring to.
Don't get confused by the title of the page... that's why I directed you to the specific, applicable section of that wiki page in my link. The nfo files are used to override and/or supplement information found (or not found) on the scraper site. By using an nfo file, you are telling XBMC what local information to use to scan the movie into the library and, by including a URL (such as the one you listed in your first post), it will also go that movie's web page to grab additional information to include in the library entry.

trak76 beat me to it! Smile
You might want to also provide examples that don't work to the maintainer of the ofdb scraper. It sounds like they're searching with both the movie and year which don't produce results, whilst perhaps the movie alone might (i.e. as a fallback).
...or else use the Universal Scraper and select the option to grab plot from ofdb.de