Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] Make PVR player consistent with standard video player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this is already planned (I suspect it is), but just in case for some reason its not, I would like to make this request.

The PVR player acts differently to the standard player, namely
- left / right changes channel groups, in the standard play this is jump forward/back, I know not all backends support timeshifting, but this should be the same and if it doesnt support timeshifting, do dont anything

I know a few pvr addons are having issues with rewinding in timeshift mode, so makes sense to get left/right to jump instead of rewind (as I suspect most people would use that instead)

Also the way to change channel groups during live tv is odd. The best app i've seen that handles this is MediaPortal.

Basically in MP, you push a button (in MP its "enter", in xbmc it would have to be something else) which brings up a channel list (similar to the current xbmc channel list), and to change groups in that channel list you push left/right, this doesnt change the channel until you select a channel from one listed, the list just updates when you change group. This is a really nice and quick way of changing channels.

TIA
(2012-11-01, 22:44)reven Wrote: [ -> ]Also the way to change channel groups during live tv is odd. The best app i've seen that handles this is MediaPortal.

Basically in MP, you push a button (in MP its "enter", in xbmc it would have to be something else) which brings up a channel list (similar to the current xbmc channel list), and to change groups in that channel list you push left/right, this doesnt change the channel until you select a channel from one listed, the list just updates when you change group. This is a really nice and quick way of changing channels.

TIA

If I understand what you are saying, this feature already exists. For example, if I am watching live tv and I hit the 'c' key on the keyboard it brings up the 'mini guide'. If I either hit the left or right buttons on the keyboard or remote it switches between the channel groups.

Edit: I liked/agree with your post on the NPVR forum about the MediaPortal skip steps. It would be nice if XBMC had incremental skip steps to pinpoint where you want to go in a video instead of the default 30 second/10 minute increments. I know this can be modified in the advancesettings.xml, but I miss that feature from MediaPortal.
(2012-11-02, 17:10)wileecoyote Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: I liked/agree with your post on the NPVR forum about the MediaPortal skip steps. ... I know this can be modified in the advancesettings.xml, but I miss that feature from MediaPortal.

It can?
Does it add like in mediaportal and show you how far forward/back it will jump and then do it in one go? or can you just define a value other than 30s / 10m?
thanks wileecoyote i didnt realise xbmc had been updated to allow changing groups by using left/right in that popup. thats exactly what i want, and how I want it to behave.

so awesome, thats done.

so my only concern is how left/right behaves during normal live tv playback. would like this to be jump forward/back like in rest of xbmc. or default to doing nothing if not supported by the backend

you maybe able to do this in a keymap file, however would like this to be the default behaviour, as it keeps in consistent.
Has anyone gotten left/right to step forward/back in PVR timeshifting? The rewind/ff is really fiddly, video plays at increased rate to catch up to audio after a rewind. Would really like things to be consistent