Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: October/november nightlies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have been using the last september nightly (64 bit) for some time now, and today I tried to change it to the last nightly of october (tried both of 30th and 31st), but when using it XBMC freezes at the XBMC logo. I tried waiting quite a while once, but nothing seemed to happen and I just killed the XBMC process and tried again or other builds. This essentially means that I cannot use these latest nightlies of XBMC at all, and I am wondering if there is something you know about that I could do to make it work? I have tried a lot of different builds now, such as a october 25th build and it had the same thing. Tested november 1st and 3rd (32 bit and 64 bit) builds, same problem.

However, if I go back to my september 30th 64 bit build, XBMC is back to normal without freezing when showing the XBMC logo before it let's you access the familiar menu we all know.

Mac Mini with AMD GPU and Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (it did not work with 10.8.0 either).

It's very late for me at the moment and I need some sleep, therefore my post will lack links to logs, but if there is something obvious you know about, I would like to know. Otherwise, I will post logs and more detail after some sleep.

Thank you for your time.
Try moving your userdata (wiki) folder to your desktop temporally, so that XBMC creates a fresh new one, and see if that allows it to start up. Afterwards you can just move the original userdata folder back and delete the new one that XBMC made. This might tell us if it's something with an existing setting that's not jiving right with the newer builds.
Moving the userdata folder did the trick. After doing that, I copied a few things back into the new userdata folder, such as Databases, advancedsettings.xml, sources.xml, profiles,xml and playlists. Some XBMC settings were reset this way, but it is working and I have my database, sources and advanced settings intact which is the most important parts.

Thank you.
Were you able to tell which files was causing an issue? It might be interesting to know, in case others have the same issue (could indicate an issue that needs to be fix, etc). In any case, good to hear that it's working again.
I did not fully test that yet, I can do so tomorrow (it is very late again), adding in the old files bit by bit to see which one it acts up on.