Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to DL addons for my ATV2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently been unable to update or download any addons on my Apple TV 2. I used to be able to download directly from the Get Add Ons menu within ATV but now when I select one, it thinks for a minute then nothing new appears and nothing has installed.

I can't seem to update anything - it's not just addons. I can't download new skins or even install a custom addon from zip and SMB. I'm looking at the list of video addons and every time I choose install it shows 0%, kicks me back one screen and nothing installed. The two addons I installed awhile ago - ESPN and YouTube - seem to be working fine. I just watched content from today's games on ESPN so I'm not having a connection issue.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. Any advice is appreciated. I'm running Eden 11.0 and ATV2. Thanks.
When I had this problem I was still able to install from a zip file. I did a re-install of my XBMC on my AV2 not to long ago and that fixed the problem for me. I have no idea what caused it or if there is another way to fix it.
This is normally due to the addon db file becoming corrupt. See here for the solution: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1210126
Thanks Ned - that definitely helped solve one of the problems.

I followed your thread and found the db file at /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Database/Addons15.db so I deleted it. I opened XBMC to test it by downloading a new theme and had the same problem - it started to DL, showed 0% then kicked me back out without installing. I then went to Nito TV to see if maybe I should uninstall XBMC and noticed that I actually had an option to install it. That didn't make sense I was already using it but chose to install. It said the update/upgrade was successful. I went back to XBMC and tried a skin again and this time the DL started making progress. However once anything (skin or addon) gets to around 5% or so it stops and never completely installs.

However, I was able to use finally install the addon I mentioned from a zip file. That didn't work in the past so there's progress but I'd love to be able to install directly from the addons page. Thanks again for any input.
If you can post a debug log (see iOS XBMC.log (wiki)) then we might be able to shed some more light on what's going on.
OK, I was able to do it. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=14184

I tried to download a few skins and video add-ons but hopefully you can tell that they failed. One of the skins downloaded about 90% then stopped and failed. Would it make sense just for me to uninstall XBMC from Nito TV and reinstall?

Thanks for your help. Whatever solution you can offer in layman's terms in appreciated!
I had a similar problem with my install... turned out to be that the main partition was out of space.
I followed the advice contained in this thread to clear up some free space...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144716

Note: I also tried the tip on symbolic linking and installing xbmc on the larger partition but this caused a reboot loop for me so I put it all back how it was. (note: to remove the symbolic link run "unlink /Applications")
I'll try to clear up some space but I think I've still got plenty available. Any other suggestions or if someone could check my log that I posted I'd really appreciate it.
try fixing your filesystem permissons like mentioned on the faq aswell if you didn't try yet (sorry no time to read the whole thread now)