Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Films not entering recently added
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had this issue for a while now and since we've now entered feature freeze with it still being present I thought I'd ask about it. I'd say less than 50% of films that I add to XBMC make it into my recently added list. They all enter the library fine but are just not present on recently added, is this a known problem?
I think it's probably been fixed quite recently (i.e. last few days).
The issue was still present in the November 5th build. I'll see If it's gone tomorrow (providing I add some more films) and I'll report back.
Is what you are seeing possibly related to the way that frodo, by default, adds items to the library using the file's modify date?

See here under dateadded for details:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...library.3E
(2012-11-06, 04:04)gabbott Wrote: [ -> ]Is what you are seeing possibly related to the way that frodo, by default, adds items to the library using the file's modify date?

That's probably the issue, I must have missed the implementation of that feature. It Seems a bit strange to me that the default option is the file modification time as unless everything being added to the library is newly released movie that has been created recently people will experience the same issue as me with movies not making it into recently added due to the age of the file.
(2012-11-06, 13:00)tungmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-06, 04:04)gabbott Wrote: [ -> ]Is what you are seeing possibly related to the way that frodo, by default, adds items to the library using the file's modify date?

That's probably the issue, I must have missed the implementation of that feature. It Seems a bit strange to me that the default option is the file modification time as unless everything being added to the library is newly released movie that has been created recently people will experience the same issue as me with movies not making it into recently added due to the age of the file.

Best read the discussion thread in feature suggestions.
Enough has been said about this....
It is like it is and won't change. Every one will always disagree
Why was the decision made this way? It doesn't bother me personally as I have no problem with changing something in advanced settings but I can see a lot of people who use only release builds getting this issue when frodo is released. I'd say my usage is pretty average in that I download a film release which will most likely be in a rar archive. Once it is extracted the file maintains the modification date of it's original creation e.g some point in 2010. Because of this the film obviously won't make recently added even though it is only just added to my library. It seems to me that using creation time would be much more logical as it would preserve the functionality of this feature without people entering the issue of old modification dates?
read the thread....
I did read the thread but I didn't see any any final clarification on the reason for this choice, the thread seemed to die unanswered. As I said it doesn't really concern me now I'm aware of it but I think it will cause issues in the future.
(2012-11-06, 13:49)tungmeister Wrote: [ -> ]I did read the thread but I didn't see any any final clarification on the reason for this choice, the thread seemed to die unanswered. As I said it doesn't really concern me now I'm aware of it but I think it will cause issues in the future.

like I already said whatever is made default there will always be people who start complaining.
If you change it others will start complaining
@tungmeister

I imported my library from scratch in updating to the October pre-frodo monthly and encountered the same dilemma.

Although it isn't a permanent solution, i was able to modify the import timestamps in the xbmc db to reflect the file creation times with a ruby script. My library items are now showing as having been imported into xbmc in the chronological order in which they were downloaded.

If there is any interest I am happy to do a write up on how I accomplished this and can include the script for others to use if they wish. Let me know.
(2012-11-09, 09:12)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]READ:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...library.3E

Brilliant! Thanks for bringing this feature to my attention Martijn!