Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio over HDMI to two speakers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this is the right place or best forum to post this on, so let me know if there's a better place to be asking this.

Right now I'm running my audio from HTPC--->receiver->Speakers. The HTPC and receiver are connected with HDMI and I'm not sure how to force the audio to recognize that I don't have surround sound. As is I only get the background sounds, so no voices. The receiver seems to think I have 5 or more speakers. Anyone run into this before? Any ideas?

If I wasn't very clear, just let me know and I can try to explain things better.
(2012-11-05, 18:53)Clyktose Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if this is the right place or best forum to post this on, so let me know if there's a better place to be asking this.

Right now I'm running my audio from HTPC--->receiver->Speakers. The HTPC and receiver are connected with HDMI and I'm not sure how to force the audio to recognize that I don't have surround sound. As is I only get the background sounds, so no voices. The receiver seems to think I have 5 or more speakers. Anyone run into this before? Any ideas?

If I wasn't very clear, just let me know and I can try to explain things better.
Is your system 2.1? Are you bitstreaming audio or XBMC LPCM?

Have you set up your Receiver to show how many speakers you have in your system? Have you looked at your Audio settings on your PC... you need to give a lot more info on your setup for anyone to sort your problem out