Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] EDL off and on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sometimes comskip screws up and marks parts of shows as commercials when they truly aren't. Currently the only way to see the unedited stream is to close XBMC and open the file up in VLC. I'd like to have a simple option in XBMC to turn off the EDL skipping. However, I know that would likely require a rewrite of the player module of XBMC so here is what I'm proposing if anyone can possibly take it up:

A simple script that if an EDL for a file exists it renames it to .oldedl. If .oldedl exists it simply toggles back to .edl. This way I could turn commercial skipping off and on within XBMC. I know others who have problems with comskip have proposed more elegant measures but I thought this was simple enough that it could satisfy many people and be quick and easy to make.

Hope someone can donate their time. Thanks.
I like this suggestion, but I hope for something more, like to be able to see the skipped parts on the player's timeline
and to be able to navigate on them if I turn off EDL, without stopping the video.

The way it works right now, if comskip screw it up and can't be seen right away, then you've already watched some of the recording.
Turning off EDL outside of player, probably will mess up the player's resume marker and any saved bookmarks.
there used to be an option in the settings to toggle edl on and off in (i guess) babylon, so a code is already written. it is now activated in general, but you can do some settings through "advancedsettings.xml", which might help:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...#.3Cedl.3E

maybe it would make sense to include it in the osd video settings?