Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Reboot Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

When I reboot XBMC the whole libary is changed. TV-Series and movies are not saved.

I hope that anyone can help me?!

Thanx.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Based on the skimpy information you've provided, a couple of possible scenarios come to mind:
  • You're running XBMC in "live" mode where you're booting from a CD/USB-stick, the application is running in RAM and nothing is saved to disk when you shutdown the system.
  • Your movies and TV shows are located on another system (e.g., file server) that is not accessible when XBMC starts up. And you have XBMC set to update libary at startup, so not finding the files available anymore, XBMC removes the entries from the library.
You'll need to provide a lot more information about your setup before we can help you properly.
Hello and welcome to forums Big Grin

You posted only about the immediate problem and give no details about your installation (how you installed and to where amongst other things) or even post debug logs. Which makes attempts to helping rather difficult.

In any case if its Linux your probably looking at permissions issue, as if your userdata folder is not writeable to or belongs to different user, and that is for sure if your xbmc settings are also lost.

Read this and try again.

I would also like the result of:

Code:
ls -all /home/username/.xbmc/userdata/

uNi
(2012-11-05, 23:13)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and welcome to forums Big Grin

You posted only about the immediate problem and give no details about your installation (how you installed and to where amongst other things) or even post debug logs. Which makes attempts to helping rather difficult.

In any case if its Linux your probably looking at permissions issue, as if your userdata folder is not writeable to or belongs to different user, and that is for sure if your xbmc settings are also lost.

Read this and try again.

I would also like the result of:

Code:
ls -all /home/username/.xbmc/userdata/

uNi

Here are the results of the Xbmc Userdata,

total 176
drwxr-xr-x 1 willem willem 300 Nov 4 15:32 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 willem willem 94 Oct 26 23:46 ..
drwxr-xr-x 1 willem willem 972 Nov 4 16:51 addon_data
-rw-r--r-- 1 willem willem 100 Sep 15 2011 advancedsettings.xml
drwxr-xr-x 1 willem willem 236 Nov 6 18:27 Database
-rw-r--r-- 1 willem willem 153282 Nov 5 23:17 guisettings.xml
drwxr-xr-x 1 willem willem 0 Oct 26 23:43 keymaps
-rw-r--r-- 1 willem willem 1573 Sep 15 2011 LCD.xml
drwxr-xr-x 1 willem willem 0 Oct 16 21:36 peripheral_data
drwxr-xr-x 1 willem willem 30 Oct 26 23:43 playlists
-rw-r--r-- 1 willem willem 897 Nov 5 23:17 profiles.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 willem willem 391 Sep 15 2011 RssFeeds.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1143 Oct 28 16:04 sources.xml
drwxr-xr-x 1 willem willem 70 Oct 26 23:43 Thumbnails
-rw-r--r-- 1 willem willem 258 Nov 4 21:23 upnpserver.xml
(2012-11-05, 23:11)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Based on the skimpy information you've provided, a couple of possible scenarios come to mind:
  • You're running XBMC in "live" mode where you're booting from a CD/USB-stick, the application is running in RAM and nothing is saved to disk when you shutdown the system.
  • Your movies and TV shows are located on another system (e.g., file server) that is not accessible when XBMC starts up. And you have XBMC set to update libary at startup, so not finding the files available anymore, XBMC removes the entries from the libary
    You'll need to provide a lot more information about your setup before we can help you properly.

I have installed Xbmc Eden 11.0 on a Ubuntu Server Edition 12.10. but Xbmc will only start with the command xinit xbmc. I searched on the internet for that problem but the repository are not yet available for the new release?? I have tried to boot xbmc when you turn on or reboot the server (my server is btw always running)

The Movies,Series,Music are located on the same server. Xbmc updates automaticaly the libaray with a reboot or something else.

what kind of information do you need more?
ding ding

Code:

should be owned by willem:willem and just to be saFe everything in userdata should be chmod 755

you can change the owner of the files with chown willem:willem command

uNi
(2012-11-06, 22:53)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]ding ding

Code:

should be owned by willem:willem and just to be saFe everything in userdata should be chmod 755

you can change the owner of the files with chown willem:willem command

uNi

The sources.xml is now changed in;

-rwxr-xr-x 1 willem willem 1143 Oct 28 16:04 sources.xml

I hope that Xbmc now save the libarySmile

do you maby know what the problem is that Xbmc not as bootable will start? I can only start Xbmc with; xinit xbmc

Probably because you dont have a xbmc autostart configured, you can try this

All your userdata files should also be readable and writeable chmod 755 to ensure xbmc has full access to modify and read/write from all files in there otherwise you can have other permission issues.

To autostart xbmc - upstart script and instruction on this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1225202

uNi