Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proper MySQL DB Selection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello XBMC Community,

I am in the process of setting up XBMC on a recently acquired Raspberry Pi and running into a bit of difficulty when I connect to the MySQL Database I have setup on my local NAS. The connection is able to be made, but it seems that the new XBMC I'm installing on the RPi is creating it's own database instead of using the already existing one created with my Revo XBMC setup. The Revo is running 12.0 Alpha 7 while both XBian and Openelec versions I've tried also state 12.0 Alpha 7. I know I need to figure out which specific versions sync up properly, but where can I look to see what is actually needed for it to match properly? I assumed it was just the 12.0 Alpha 7 since my Revo is running that, but it seems that there is more to it than that.

Thanks for any help that you can provide. Smile

-Omnivir
A little more detail as may be needed...

The install I'm running on the Revo is the October monthly released via XBMCFreak.nl and was a few days ago with a fresh install. So if I need to maybe switch to a new build for better compatibility I'm not against it. As of not the MySQL DB contains multiple entries such as MyVideos68, MyVideos69, and MyVideos72. Based on DB connections it seems that the 68=Revo, 69=XBian, and 72=Openelec. I've tried all released versions of XBian, but the issue persists. I also attempted to specify the DB name in the advancedsettings.xml file, but extra numbers were just tacked on the end (something similar to MyVideos68_72).

I'm still running through releases to hopefully stumble upon a pair that works, but would love to know what the determining factors are so that I could zero in on the DB selection requirements. Smile
It's based on time, as in when the XBMC code was used. XBMCFreak is using older code, OpenELEC is using newer code, and XBian is somewhere in the middle.