Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Strange Titles Found During Scraping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

My very first post.
I've been using XBMC for about a month - started off with RaspBMC on a Pi, but have moved up to XBMCbuntu as the Pi was too laggy.

I have an issue when running "Update Library".

It picks up programs that I have no knowledge of, and are not in my SMB shares. I've used filebot to tidy all but my TV Shows, but these are from a private tracker, and are clean as far as directory structure, and file name protocol goes as they all work.

I keep getting the same program names pop up yet I cannot find anywhere that they are coming from.

I've turned DEBUG on in XBMC, and log file is here: http://pastebin.com/UgZR3AME

The program that shows up in the above logfile is "Var fan är mitt band", the Library Update starts at around line 430.

Also here is my sources.xml:
Code:
<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://BKRDAY-MEDIA-PC/Films/Movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>TV</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://BKRDAY-MEDIA-PC/TV/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Josh Films</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://BKRDAY-MEDIA-PC/Josh/Josh Films/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Josh TV</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://BKRDAY-MEDIA-PC/Josh/Josh TV/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
        <source>
            <name>Music</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/home/adam/Music/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://BKRDAY-MEDIA-PC/iTunes/</path>
        </source>
    </music>
    <pictures>
        <source>
            <name>Pictures</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/home/adam/Pictures/</path>
        </source>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
</sources>

I would really appreciate some pointers on at least where to look for the problem, or assistance with the resolution.
My Linux experience is somewhere just about "beginner" but learning fast Smile

Many thanks in advance. Also as this is my first post I hope I've got this in the right place.

Thanks

Dmmsta
Hello and welcome to the forums, my single serving friend Big Grin

Somewhere -- Your sources -- seems to be looking at the /var directory and its trying to find some files/TV series named var

line 509 to 513 its rather obvious what's going on.

Code:
14:15:43 T:2975820656   DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0xb15f5b08) http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/82128/all/en.zip
14:15:43 T:3034569584   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.GetActivePlayers", "id": 1}
14:15:43 T:3034569584   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling player.getactiveplayers
14:15:43 T:2975820656   DEBUG: scraper: GetDetails returned <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><details><plot></plot><id>82128</id><mpaa></mpaa><premiered></premiered><rating></rating><studio></studio><title>Var fan är mitt band</title><genre></genre><genre>Comedy</genre><genre>Reality</genre><thumb aspect="banner">http://thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/82128-g.jpg</thumb><fanart url="http://thetvdb.com/banners/"></fanart><episodeguide><url cache="82128.xml">http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/82128/all/en.zip</url></episodeguide></details>
14:15:43 T:2975820656   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to tvshows:/var/
14:15:43 T:2975820656    INFO: Caching image from: http://thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/82128-g.jpg to special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/c/cfb24076.tbn with width 512 and height 512

look at the image dead give away for http://thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/82128-g.jpg

line 534 to 531 confirms Linux directories are in the paths being scanned

Code:
14:15:43 T:2975820656   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /var/spool/cron/crontabs/
14:15:43 T:2975820656   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /var/spool/cron/atspool/
14:15:43 T:2975820656   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /var/spool/cron/atjobs/
14:15:43 T:2975820656   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /var/run/udisks/
14:15:43 T:3042962288   DEBUG: RunQuery took 11 ms for 10 items query: select * from episodeview order by idEpisode desc limit 10
14:15:43 T:3042962288   DEBUG: GetMusicVideosByWhere query = select * from musicvideoview order by idMVideo desc limit 10
14:15:43 T:3042962288   DEBUG: GetMusicVideosByWhere time for actual SQL query = 1
14:15:43 T:2975820656   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /var/run/lightdm/

Its not just /va its looking in the whole ~/ directory for e.g /usr

Code:
14:15:47 T:2975820656   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for '/usr/'
14:15:47 T:2975820656   DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for 'usr' using The TVDB scraper (path: '/home/adam/.xbmc/addons/metadata.tvdb.com', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.4.2')
14:15:47 T:2975820656   DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url>http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=usr&amp;language=en</url>

Make sure your Linux directories are not part of the sources your adding otherwise your going to get more that this sort of error. inv fact your going to end up with really bizarre library entries.

uNi

Thanks for the response.

I thought this but wasn't sure as I don't have any of the Linux sources in my Movies or TV sources.

Only places that have Linux based sources is in Music & Pictures, but there is nothing in either of those locations.

All media is on a Win7 PC, so no Linux file structures on the SMB sources...

You dont have to have any media wise in those locations the locations NAME are enough to cause this.

xbmc looks at directory names and filenames

Your sources or some of them have Linux directories even if main source is not direct to Linux directory

Remove this source via xbmc UI and when xbmc asks if you want to remove content in this source from library say yes.

Then make sure your that your Linux based sources are in a single restricted place like /media/yourlinuxsources <<move your media in Linux there and keep it in one place so when you add this as a source your sure only what you put in there gets picked up.

uNi
Cool,

I'll try that & report back.

Thanks for the assist - very probably a noob post, but thought I'd tried everything - obviously not Sad

I'll delete the Linux items, and clean the library and see what happens.

Many thanks for your time uNi!!!

D
Your welcome

Dont delete the directories in Linux eh

Otherwise you will break your installation.

Remove sources via Videos>Files>select source bring up context menu and choose remove source

like this

uNi
Went through the sources via the UI, and checked ALL media (TV/Movie/Pics/Music) and only had SMB sources in any of them.

As you mentioned there was a Linux share in Music, but this has gone.

Cleaned the library, and did a Library update - guess what...they were picked up again Sad

Have got round this by adding a root file system source, but selected the "Exclude from library updates" and this has solved the issue for now.

I'll do some searching to see if I can find out more, and when I get a chance I'll post up a new DEBUG log.
Right, as per my previous post, I've got around the issue by adding "/" as a video source, but setting the "exclude from library" option in the XBMC UI.

I've turned DEBUG back on, and run a new Library Update, with the logfile here:
http://pastebin.com/GnKH2dqe

Here's my updated sources.xml with the root "/" file system called "Test" as an exclude (but not sure where it specifies the exclude as it doesn't appear to be in the sources.xml file.
Code:
<sources>
    <programs>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://BKRDAY-MEDIA-PC/Films/Movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>TV</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://BKRDAY-MEDIA-PC/TV/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Josh Films</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://BKRDAY-MEDIA-PC/Josh/Josh Films/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Josh TV</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://BKRDAY-MEDIA-PC/Josh/Josh TV/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Test</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
        <source>
            <name>Music</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://BKRDAY-MEDIA-PC/iTunes/</path>
        </source>
    </music>
    <pictures>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
</sources>

I guess problem solved although not the root cause, which is still a mystery to me...
The root cause is in your

Quote:Only places that have Linux based sources is in Music & Pictures, but there is nothing in either of those locations.

Or anything that adds a path that has access to all system directories and files... I'm not in front of your pc so I cant find out and fix it properly

FYI sources dont contain scraper settings and telling the path to be excluded is a scraper setting.

Your sorted anyway, problem solved

You can mark the main topic as solved so other that have this unfortunate problem can find it. Wink

+1

uNi

Have updated the title.

Don't suppose you know off hand where the scraper settings file is so I can check that?
For the tvdb scraper its:

Code:
/home/yourusername/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/metadata.tvdb.com/settings.xml

But you dont change any settings in there, just leave as is. If you want to change settings, bring up context menu on the source you want and choose change content to access scraper settings, or via xbmc settings/addons/enabled addons/choose addon group/your scraper choose it and if it has settings choose configure.

uNi