Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DXVA2 when renderer set to software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having built a HTPC a few weeks back I was playing around with the renderer settings to find what would give me the best performance.

I use the iGPU on my Intel G620 and like many others I experienced macro blocking when the renderer was set to DXVA so I changed back to software which can handle almost all my video without a problem.

But today I noticed one of my videos which would usually stutter under software mode played perfectly, and bringing up the on screen display showed that I was using DXVA2

Back in the video rendered settings I noticed that I did indeed have DXVA2 switched on but the renderer was set to software.

Is this how it is supposed to work, I previously expected the DVXA2 button only had effect when DXVA was selected as the renderer, so the button would toggle between DXVA and DXVA2

With the renderer set to software and the DXVA2 button toggled on I do indeed get accelerated video playback and without the macro blocking issue that I had experienced with the renderer set to DXVA.

EDIT:
I was wrong, the Macroblocking still occurs, think I may just have had a run of movies that were not affected