Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can only browse certain NFS shares!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, got another problem with Eden now, and this time it´s that I can only browse and add some off my NFS shares.

No, I´m not a newbie at Linux. I work with Linux all day, and I got years of knowledge about Linux. So Linux is not new to me... Wink

My server is running Linux, and my /etc/exports is looking like this:
Code:
/media/FTP2/Serier             *(ro,sync,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,insecure)
/media/FTP2/Traingmovies       *(ro,sync,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,insecure)

I now this is working, because my old Boxee Box could browse all items and even add them. I have checked the file and folder permissions and have chown -R on all of them that was root due to rsync -aSHAXvh --progress moving. Big Grin But heck I can´t browse some folders at all.

Like my /Trainingmovies I can´t even go in under, and under Serier, I can only browse some series, but not all of them. Undecided
Did a search for this issue and ended up with this topic: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127191.

If it worked like a charm for Boxee Box, why not with XBMC and Eden? Undecided
Does Boxxee Box connect using the same userid as xbmc does?
(2012-11-11, 23:10)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Does Boxxee Box connect using the same userid as xbmc does?

Eh, no... Because the solution for BB was to put insecure in the exports to solve that problem to browse the folders. But why can I only browse some folders, and not all of them?

And do I need to check the UID on my Mac or not? O_o
No the insecure flag is unrelated to userids - its related to privileged ports. So i take it you know your way around linux but are not familiar with the principals NFS works. Please read the nfs wiki link in my signature and you should get it going.

Its most likly a filesystem permission issue and you have to sort it one or the other way (multiple solutions are shown in the wiki).