Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Adding Local Music NFO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the types of files I need to add for music artists that aren't in an online database?

For example, I have some DJ mix sets that I'd like to have as part of my library and want to add info such as artist bio, album info and covers etc.

I guess for the covers it would just be a case of 'folder.jpg' in each of the albums and one for the parent artist directory?

Thank you Smile
Is there a wiki on this perhaps?
Many thanks...

...just downloaded that - it comes as .rar file, which after after un-raring I've got no idea how to run/install? It look likes a lot of java files, but how do I go about using/trying this out?

Cheers Smile
Does this run on xbmc itself or configure via my machine?

Thanks Smile
Like I said, I've not tried it. It is not part of XBMC.
I was curious about this. Couldn't get the 64bit ver to run, but the 32 bit version runs, though it hung while scanning folders. I'm guessing maybe it doesn't like unicode in folder/file names. Will have to build a test folder for it and try again. It's just java so all you need do is copy the folder onto your system, and assuming you have java console installed just double-click on the main jar file, or create a shortcut for it if you decide to keep it.

Edit: OK I copied a couple of folders for test and it did scan them and create an edit template, but I couldn't see any way to edit any entry.

What I've done before is export the music library to a single file and it will give you a file with concatenated artist and album nfos so you can see what the format looks like.

scott s.
(2012-11-21, 13:48)joebrady Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said, I've not tried it. It is not part of XBMC.

Thanks nonetheless for replying and advising.

(2012-11-22, 11:33)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]I was curious about this. Couldn't get the 64bit ver to run, but the 32 bit version runs, though it hung while scanning folders. I'm guessing maybe it doesn't like unicode in folder/file names. Will have to build a test folder for it and try again. It's just java so all you need do is copy the folder onto your system, and assuming you have java console installed just double-click on the main jar file, or create a shortcut for it if you decide to keep it.

Edit: OK I copied a couple of folders for test and it did scan them and create an edit template, but I couldn't see any way to edit any entry.

What I've done before is export the music library to a single file and it will give you a file with concatenated artist and album nfos so you can see what the format looks like.

scott s.

I did try experimenting with both, too - and couldn't get either to run, or at least do what I want it do.

There aren't that many bits I need to address, but it would be nice to find a way to create and edit these bits in terms NFO's...