Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Butchered my shared db by using Eden and Frodo, how to restart?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was using a shared db on Eden until today when I believe I butchered it.

I recently reformatted my desktop, and I just got around to reinstalling xbmc today on it. In my wisdom, I decided to try out the latest Frodo build and didn't read up on it.... Well, it upgraded my db without me knowing, and then later I turned on the living room xbmc which is still on Eden, and to say the least, it was not happy. I was confused at first and started trying to look at my sources, and Sickbeard updates my living room Eden install, thus making my db nice and confused....

ANYHOW..

I'm looking to just start from scratch, running Frodo on all of them, but I cannot seem to find a clear resource on what needs to be done differently for a shared db.

I did have a samba share with art and thumbnails, and also path substitutions since I'm using a mix of linux and windows boxes. I'm reading that some of these aren't supported now, but I'm hoping I can find a nice 'from scratch: do this' approach.

Any help?
It takes a copy and then updates the copy - it shouldn't touch the original database at all. Thus, Eden *should* still function just fine.

For Frodo, you do everything exactly the same, just don't do any path substitution of thumbnails.
Yea, if I select TV Shows in Eden, I get a Remote Share dialogue that says Path not found or invalid.

So on starting over, There doesn't need to be any Thumbnails/art sharing now?

Do I still need a sources.xml to copy to each installation?
You only need the same sources if you want to update from more than one XBMC install. Copying sources.xml is just the easiest way to make sure that they are exactly the same.