Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Synology Expansion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, the inevitable happened and my 5 disk Synology 1511+ filled up and I need to expand if I want to add more media. It seems that I need Synology's DX513 expansion module. Anyone have any experience with it? I'd probably buy it with 2 3TB drives to give me some breathing room. Does it dynamically change RAID modes as I fill it up? Is there anything else I need to know? Here is what I am looking at:

http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/Shoppi...ubmit=view
instead of that, i know its expensive why dont you buy 5 new bigger capacity hard drives. Add a drive, rebuild and repeat until its all done.
Well, first I'm not sure he I'd backup that much data. I have all 5 bas taken with 3TB drives. If I'm not mistaken, 4TB drives are still way expensive like in the $400 range. If I upgraded ll 5 to 4TB droves it would cost like $2000 and I'd gain like 4TB.
i have a 4 bay loaded with 1.5TB with still a 1TB left but you got alot more data. If i was in your position i would go for it Smile
Go for it meaning add the expansion box and drives? Yeah that seems like the way to go.
I forgot how expensive this servers are.... they are pretty cool.

Synology DS2413+

So i guess the Synology's DX513 expansion module would be great for you. Big Grin

Go for it...