Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Philips hue integration or add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
For Hue? Same. This one does both.
So... glad to see this took off. When I am at a computer next I will update the first post so that it is current.

Sent from my XT1254
(2016-07-04, 01:06)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]For Hue? Same. This one does both.

Ta.

EDIT: Installed on Kodi 16.2 (LibreELEC 7.0.2 on Chromebox). Works fine in Theatre Mode, which is just what I wanted.
If anyone wants to help collect tips and info about using Philips Hue on Kodi, there's now a wiki page: http://kodi.wiki/view/Philips_Hue
Guys i need help i keep getting error light not found on light id can someone point out how i find light id inside hue app?
When I install the latest software from the link on the last page I get the following error when the app connects to my bridge.

14:48:53 174.476990 T:1644164080 NOTICE: Kodi Hue service started, version: 0.8b2
14:49:13 194.424423 T:1644164080 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: ('Bridge Error', 3, {u'type': 3, u'description': u'resource, /lights/1, not available', u'address': u'/lights/1'})
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 744, in <module>
hue = Hue(settings, args)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 181, in __init__
self.update_settings()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 383, in update_settings
self.light[0] = Light(self.settings.light1_id, self.settings)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py", line 79, in __init__
self.get_current_setting()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py", line 105, in get_current_setting
raise ValueError("Bridge Error", err["type"], err)
ValueError: ('Bridge Error', 3, {u'type': 3, u'description': u'resource, /lights/1, not available', u'address': u'/lights/1'})
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any ideas how I fix this?

Thanks

EDIT: Got it working. Cheers
(2016-07-07, 15:51)idioteque1 Wrote: [ -> ]When I install the latest software from the link on the last page I get the following error when the app connects to my bridge.

14:48:53 174.476990 T:1644164080 NOTICE: Kodi Hue service started, version: 0.8b2
14:49:13 194.424423 T:1644164080 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: ('Bridge Error', 3, {u'type': 3, u'description': u'resource, /lights/1, not available', u'address': u'/lights/1'})
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 744, in <module>
hue = Hue(settings, args)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 181, in __init__
self.update_settings()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 383, in update_settings
self.light[0] = Light(self.settings.light1_id, self.settings)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py", line 79, in __init__
self.get_current_setting()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py", line 105, in get_current_setting
raise ValueError("Bridge Error", err["type"], err)
ValueError: ('Bridge Error', 3, {u'type': 3, u'description': u'resource, /lights/1, not available', u'address': u'/lights/1'})
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any ideas how I fix this?

Thanks

EDIT: Got it working. Cheers

Im like 40% sure this is saying you set your light to light 1 and it doesn't see a light on light 1 check your lights id and set it accordingly in the hue kodi add on settings
Anyone know how to get this working with MADVR??.. I realized today that MADVR DSPlayer was the only thing that stopped this from working

Working great on 16.1 minus this little roadblock anyone have any inputHuh
Is there any chance a feature can be added to allow you to determine a time range for Ambilight to be active (dusk-to-dawn) and deactive during the day ?
Hi,

Does the feature to undim the lights on pause work for anyone using https://github.com/mpolednik version?

Here it doesn't work. Just wondering if it's a bug.

Thx
Works for me!
Ok, I figured it out. In theater mode the pause undim behavior does work, but it doesn't in ambient light mode, which is different than the original version of this which I was using. So a feature request I guess.

Thx
In ambi mode the lights are on during playback, so it makes no sense to undim them on pause?
If you have 3 lights and one is a light strip behind the tv, in ambient mode you have ambient control that one, so it changes with picture, and the other 2 dim and undim on play/stop. It would be nice to have it also allow undim on pause in ambient light mode for the 2 other lights.
Ahh yes i see, good point.

You may be able to do something with the addon "trigger actions on playback" - or some name like that, I'll see if I can find it, as that vague description probably won't get you there!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29