Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Philips hue integration or add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Hello all! Need a little help with this ambilight/kodi! Not having issues with it connecting that's fine turned off auto update within kodi for all addons when I install the 7.2 zip from page 15 it updates straight to 8.0? Also had the light working once not properly as stayed the initial colour of the start of the film but did not integrate with the rest of the film! Would like to know how to configure as to have it as ambilight? Any help would be much appreciated as have lost the count of disabling and resetting!
Hey,

Funny, I just had the idea that it would be cool if kodi could controll my hue bulbs, and I found this plugin Big Grin Sadly it appears not to be able to change color if it is run on the raspberry pi ... is there any progress on this, or still impossible? Thx.
Just posting to say Thanks to all that worked on Kodi For Hue and Wav For Hue. I've currently got Theater mode going but am hoping Ambilight/light strips are sorted out so I can try that.
I am having an issue with theater mode. It works great with play and stop. The problem is Pause brings the lights up but doesn't dim again with Play.
Had a bunch of problems getting this to sync with my Hue Gen 2 bridge, but finally got it by using the v0.8b2.

Ambilight seems kind of lacking with my setup (just a basic Hue 2nd Gen bulb) as it doesn't really seem to change much or very quickly. I assume that's a hardware limitation, but the theater mode is awesome. Nicely done guys.
Hi Guys,

I have installed (v0.8B2) on 2 player (Minix H8plus & Q5), connected it to bridge (Gen2 with autoconfigure)

playback a movie and ... nothing happens, modes ambi or theater : nothing Sad

I have 10 hue light and 0 change color Sad
I use only the theater mode and that works,
But had to connect twice the bridge to get it working.
The first time the hash had a - sign in front of it.
Then did a reboot and checked the settings and it worked.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
Is there a way to enable/disable this addon with a remote button? Love it, but don't want to use it for everything I watch
Love this plugin, works great. I wish i could use both at same time. I want to dim all lights and use ambient just on light strips behind tv. Just a hint Big Grin

Thanks for great plugin.
(2016-12-23, 09:03)Ruk12345 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to enable/disable this addon with a remote button? Love it, but don't want to use it for everything I watch

Just came here looking for the same thing.

This post here suggests one way is to use a python script and map it to a button using the remote.xml file.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1917790

I haven't tried it though.

Or you can use JSON requests, you can test in your web browser. IP address is the Kodi PC and 8080 is the port number.

Disable the Ambilight add-on:

Code:
http://192.168.1.100:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.SetAddonEnabled", "params": { "addonid": "script.kodi.hue.ambilight", "enabled": false }, "id": 1}

Enable the Ambilight add-on:

Code:
http://192.168.1.100:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.SetAddonEnabled", "params": { "addonid": "script.kodi.hue.ambilight", "enabled": true }, "id": 1}

I plan to use these URL commands with my home automation system, to enable and disable the Philips Hue Ambilight add-on for Kodi. I could probably just ask the Amazon echo to turn the add-on on or off etc.
(2017-01-17, 15:38)Happyoldguy Wrote: [ -> ]Love this plugin, works great. I wish i could use both at same time. I want to dim all lights and use ambient just on light strips behind tv. Just a hint Big Grin

Thanks for great plugin.

I don't think the current addon will do that, but just theorising you could use two instances of the addon, and set one to control the ambilight and one to control the dimming lights.

You would need to name one of the addons differently, otherwise you can't run them both.

I haven't tried this but roughly:

1. copy addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight to addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight2

2. in addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight2/addon.xml make a similar change to <addon id=", ie change the string there to script.kodi.hue.ambilight2 and change the name to something else to distinguish the two addons

3. You should have now two addons, set up one for your ambilight set up and the other for your theatre settings.
Is anybody else experiencing stutters with playback in Ambilight mode on a Shield? It doesn't really mather if i use 1 or 2 bulbs in Ambilight mode.
As soon as i turn on theater mode playback is smooth, maybe i just missed a certain setting?
(2017-01-26, 20:58)Dave 130R Wrote: [ -> ]Is anybody else experiencing stutters with playback in Ambilight mode on a Shield? It doesn't really mather if i use 1 or 2 bulbs in Ambilight mode.
As soon as i turn on theater mode playback is smooth, maybe i just missed a certain setting?

I think i did experience that, but for me its not important since i only use the Theater Mode.
Hi Using develop version of the (0.9) tried on nvidia shield and pc - keep getting this error - anyone any ideas

09:18:26 T:7044 NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 127.0.0.1:9777
09:18:26 T:7044 NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777
09:19:00 T:5008 NOTICE: Kodi Hue service started, version: 0.9
09:19:00 T:5008 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: name 'monitor' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\jbent\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.kodi.hue.ambilight-develop\default.py", line 464, in <module>
while not hue.connected and not monitor.abortRequested():
NameError: name 'monitor' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--
Quick update - got this to work using ambilight 0.8b2
Also had to manually add a user to the bridge and then add the ip and user id to ambilight. Used this tutorial to add user

https://www.developers.meethue.com/docum...ng-started
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29