Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: A6-3500 vs A6-5400K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

I am considering upgrading from 3500 to the Trinity A6-5400K and just wanted confirm with a simple yes/know...

The 5400K is the latest model of the A6 and it is more powerful/better in all areas, yes?

Is it better than the 3500 for light gaming HTPC duties?

Thanks,

Owen
Yes,..but IMHO,..you may not notice that much of a difference in light gaming between the two CPUs.
Can't say much about the performance gain, but be aware that Trinity APU's have a different socket compared to their Llano counterparts! That means when upgrading to a Trinity APU, you would also need to replace your socket FM1 motherboard with a socket FM2 one.
Ok thanks guys,

Sticking w what I've got!

I'd say there is little reason to make this upgrade from a cost perspective. The difference won't justify the need to swap out the MB and processor for marginal gains (10% or so).
if you have an a6-3500, i'd stick with it
Thanks Eskro
Yes it is ok... keep the a6-3500.... it does the job. DeanM3 is right... unless you where going to go with an AMD A10-5800K for a little better gaming experience.

But hey don't you have a gaming console? Smile

The old a6-3500 is FTW!

I would upgrade to the new trinity if my htpc dies...