Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show Library Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy All,

I'm a relative new comer to XBMC, but the wiki & guides have all been a great help. I've added all my movies without issue, but I can't get my TV Shows in correctly. Only a couple of the 60 something shows get recognized (so far, the most shows that have been "added" is 4). All the other episodes end up in a single directory - by season. Looks something like this:

Code:
..                        <-- it shows as ".."
     Season 1
          Big.Bang.Theory.s01e01.Episode.Name.mkv
          Dexter.s01.e01.Episode.Name.mp4
          The.Tudors.s01.e01.Episode.Name.mkv
     Season 2
          Big.Bang.Theory.s02e01.Episode.Name.mkv
          Dexter.s02.e01.Episode.Name.mp4
          The.Tudors.s02.e01.Episode.Name.mkv

I have all of my media on an unRaid server on shares that are available via NFS. My movies collection works fine attached as an NFS share. I can see everything on my TV share when attached via NFS as well - but it doesn't get added correctly.

The folder structure on the server looks like this:

Code:
Media
-------->Big Bang Theory
          ----->Season 01
                 ----->Show.Name.s01e01.episode.name.mkv
                 ----->Show.Name.s01e01.episode.name.tbn
                 ----->Show.Name.s01e01.episode.name.nfo
                 ----->Show.Name.s01e02.episode.name.mkv
                 ----->Show.Name.s01e02.episode.name.tbn
                 ----->Show.Name.s01e02.episode.name.nfo

I've read these instructions on Name files/TV Shows and it seems that the [Show]\[Season]\[Episode] convention that I follow is not what XBMC wants? (because the first example in the wiki shows [Media]\[Show]\[Episodes] - no season folders). However, later in the wiki it does talk about custom naming (section 7.2) and using the advancedsettings.xml file. I added this file along with the regex given in the first example under 7.2. I added the file in the /userdata/ folder as indicated in this wiki entry for advancedsettings - with the contents:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <tvshowmatching>
          <regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
     </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

However, that didn't fix the issue.

So far none of the variations I've tried has helped. Finally, I removed the existing TV Shows library last night, shut everything down, and was going to give it another shot tonight. I'm hoping for a little bit of guidance that may help me get everything working correctly.

Here is the pastbin for when I added my shows via NFS - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=14468. I did look at the log and I see an error repeating - "NFS: Lookup of //Media failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)". I found an issue logged on github that sounds similar - Possible NFS Race condition even though it is about Raspberry Pi/Xbmc - it even suggests that mounts made "Using OS-level NFS mounts (ie. mounting via /etc/fstab)" always work reliably as compared to mounts established in XBMC.

So my questions are:

1. Is my file structure ok for my TV Shows?
  2. If the bug on github is applicable, should I make my NFS mounts via fstab?
  3. If so, can someone point me in the right direction?
  4. Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

~Whip
I tried again this evening and got a new log file.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=14517

I'm getting errors with my connections to my server.

Anyone have any insight on this?
Your shares NFS shares need to have insecure flag. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFS

Your SMB shares cannot be accessed, (configuration server side is probably botched)

Your Logs are littered with skin errors and addon error, dont use 3rd party skins until your issues are gone and remove/disable any unnecessary addons to clean up your logs and to try and eliminate any 3rd party issues.

As for your folder structure I have something like this and NO regex

Folder File Structure http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1231635

Scrapping problems http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144669&page=2

It works fine, I have both NFS and SMB shares with read/write permissions obviously no passwords.

Your Openelec use Eden and the NFS version is OLD, perhaps you should upgrade to a newer XBMC that uses a newer NFS version?
Last time I tried Openelec (nightly) SMB was crap, I had to enter the shares manually e.g. smb://ip//share/ didn't work with browsing for the share as it never came up. Least to say I'm not a fan of openelec because if any issues in the underlying Linux I cant fix them because of lack of access to make proper changes.

uNi

Thanks for the feedback.

I "fixed" my folder structure and moved back to the default skin.

For now I've added a mount for my NFS shares in autostart.sh and now all (but 1) shows are added correctly.
Your welcome Wink

The links I provided on how to via therenamer + the naming conventions for episodes works well for stubborn series (though I found that naming the series properly at folder level and having a Show.Name.s01e01.episode.name.ext inside season folders works very well, basically what I described in both links works perfectly.

That 1 show I bet its the folder name (showname) should be exactly as in tvdb or whatever scraper your using.

If you post the show name+episode names as you have it on your structure in server and scraper your using Ill have a look.

uNi